That went about as I expected | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That went about as I expected

Not gonna lower myself
I totally agree it’s not right to call out anybody but that’s exactly what you did by calling out the coaches. It’s just so surprising to hear from our top quarterback’s parent. It’s just demonstrates a large foundational problem with this team. Signing off now, enjoy your day.

Well as disappointed as l am with losing l have to remind myself we're playing freshmen who aren't physically ready and we have two new coordinators who haven't had the benefit of spring ball...it'll get better...just not this year

Of course he didn’t play today but today’s performance is just a continuation from what we have seen all year. It’s no secret that bad offensive football teams also have awful OL and QB performances. Syracuse desperately needs a quarterback who can be a leader and make smart football decisions. Fondly remember Todd Philcox or Ryan Nassib senior year decision making and leadership. Don’t even get me started about emulating our best QB’s like Don McPherson, Donovan McNabb, or Marvin Graves.
This is insane. I don't believe Tommy has played well. I really don't. He started to come on a little against Duke, and got hurt. But you don't think defense is most of the issue? And coaching scheme? And playcalling?

Marvin Graves is not walking through that door

Well as disappointed as l am with losing l have to remind myself we're playing freshmen who aren't physically ready and we have two new coordinators who haven't had the benefit of spring ball...it'll get better...just not this year
Thank you for your reasonable post

This is insane. I don't believe Tommy has played well. I really don't. He started to come on a little against Duke, and got hurt. But you don't think defense is most of the issue? And coaching scheme? And playcalling?

Marvin Graves is not walking through that door
If we eventually switch to an option-style flex offense I do think Marvin Graves absolutely walk through that door.

There was a time when our third string would beat the likes of Liberty...but I digress. 1963 graduate. Watched the glory days. The past 20 years have been hard to swallow.

I know everybody's hiney hurts right now but Liberty is better than most think. They have a dominant O-Line, and very talented skill players. They have a few excellent players on defense and a good head coach. They are not a pile of crap.

I know everybody's hiney hurts right now but Liberty is better than most think. They have a dominant O-Line, and very talented skill players. They have a few excellent players on defense and a good head coach. They are not a pile of crap.
Lol. And Duke isn't that bad and Pitt may have a say in the national title race.

If we eventually switch to an option-style flex offense I do think Marvin Graves absolutely walk through that door.

Forget Marvin Graves I want the receivers we had back then, Shelby Hill, Q. Ismail, Rob Carpenter, Gedney, Harrison, Antonio Johnson... When we didn't make a bowl in 1993 with a 6-4-1 record with Graves or 1994 with a 7-4 record those were down years for us at the time. Now...

We had secondary receivers that got open and caught the ball and were just waiting for their chance. Graves was basically a career 1:1 TD:Int ratio guy, but had great receivers to throw to, we would take those years in a heartbeat now, but supporting cast was light years better than what we have now. There is blame to go around between O and D and players and coaches(D has given us a chance in some games, with turnovers though). This something Dino better figure out soon.

Good move. This Orangefizz dude is being a Dbag
I totally agree it’s not right to call out anybody but that’s exactly what you did by calling out the coaches. It’s just so surprising to hear from our top quarterback’s parent. It’s just demonstrates a large foundational problem with this team. Signing off now, enjoy your day.
I watched today as a fan , not as Tommy’s dad

Forget Marvin Graves I want the receivers we had back then, Shelby Hill, Q. Ismail, Rob Carpenter, Gedney, Harrison, Antonio Johnson... When we didn't make a bowl in 1993 with a 6-4-1 record with Graves or 1994 with a 7-4 record those were down years for us at the time. Now...

We had secondary receivers that got open and caught the ball and were just waiting for their chance. Graves was basically a career 1:1 TD:Int ratio guy, but had great receivers to throw to, we would take those years in a heartbeat now, but supporting cast was light years better than what we have now. There is blame to go around between O and D and players and coaches(D has given us a chance in some games, with turnovers though). This something Dino better figure out soon.
Making ANY bowl meant something back then; there's no excuse to not make a bowl every year these days...

I watched today as a fan , not as Tommy’s dad

I can't imagine that you'd appreciate that the parent of an injured defensive player publicly critiqued the offense (with Tommy playing), and called for boobirds.

JMO, but not a good look.

My fear is that the only recruits we will get are those that feel we can offer early playing time. The better players don't worry about that. They think they are good enough to earn pt.
Very difficult situation.

Making ANY bowl meant something back then; there's no excuse to not make a bowl every year these days...
Ya there were years we went 7 and 4 and didn't make a bowl game.

Eh, the passing offense was a lot different back then and not really conducive to putting up stats that look particularly impressive now. Graves was excellent at running our offense and a tough player.

This is a total program failure. From top to bottom. A dog to Liberty at home and get run out of our own building. It was an embarrassment no matter who was on the field. The feeling this team gives is one that is outmatched in every facet of the game. We are outsized and out muscled all over the field.

Imo, there are no bright spots in such a loss.

It can't get any worse.
This is rock bottom

Eh, the passing offense was a lot different back then and not really conducive to putting up stats that look particularly impressive now. Graves was excellent at running our offense and a tough player.

Never said he wasn't but with our team today the way it is constructed I'd rather have the receivers we had then. Graves was one of our best QB's but the supporting cast was better and he was suited to the offense we had then, I just would rather had receivers like we had then in the offense we run today.

Never said he wasn't but with our team today the way it is constructed I'd rather have the receivers we had then. Graves was one of our best QB's but the supporting cast was better and he was suited to the offense we had then, I just would rather had receivers like we had then in the offense we run today.

Yeah. Can’t disagree. Legit NFL players(which is putting it lightly for Harrison) are a long ways from what we’ve had at WR in recent years.

Just wait until we get kicked out of the ACC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom