That went about as I expected | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

That went about as I expected

Just wait until we get kicked out of the ACC!
Why? This team is the perfect punching bag for the Carolina schools. As long as they are an easy win for those schools, Syracuse is doing what they were brought into. The ACC would make less money if Syracuse was beating its ACC peers.

Now I don't want the Liberty future games changed. Just need one more so Cuse can give them payback for the disrespect in the visiting locker room. Don't ever forget that.

why are there so many first and second year players out there?
Our first and second team RB opted out. The freshman that assumed the starting role got hurt. Our AA safety got hurt along with back ups at the same position. We had LBs leave when they were recruited over and our one upperclassman contributor there has also been hurt.

There is actually less youth playing on the oline, but the guys that are playing wouldn't be if not for injuries there too.

Forget Marvin Graves I want the receivers we had back then, Shelby Hill, Q. Ismail, Rob Carpenter, Gedney, Harrison, Antonio Johnson... When we didn't make a bowl in 1993 with a 6-4-1 record with Graves or 1994 with a 7-4 record those were down years for us at the time. Now...

We had secondary receivers that got open and caught the ball and were just waiting for their chance. Graves was basically a career 1:1 TD:Int ratio guy, but had great receivers to throw to, we would take those years in a heartbeat now, but supporting cast was light years better than what we have now. There is blame to go around between O and D and players and coaches(D has given us a chance in some games, with turnovers though). This something Dino better figure out soon.
It’s a talent deficiency across the board. Love our RB Tucker; very excited about his future. A David Walker style with speed.

It’s a talent deficiency across the board. Love our RB Tucker; very excited about his future. A David Walker style with speed.

Too bad we don’t have Mike Hopkins around anymore to find us another Mike Williams. Because he’s the last elite WR we had.

Too bad we don’t have Mike Hopkins around anymore to find us another Mike Williams. Because he’s the last elite WR we had.
Would love to have Ish. He was a physical receiver. Don't know if we have any of those now.

Would love to have Ish. He was a physical receiver. Don't know if we have any of those now.

Agreed. Good player. But I’m talking about guys who go on to be NFL starters. We once had Kane, Moore, Ismail, Harrison, Johnson...

Williams is the last talent on that level.

Can we stop calling them owies?

These are men, not elementary school kids.

Oh, please no ... 5 yards and a cloud of dust football
Would you seriously not trade an offense that averaged 5 yds per play vs what we have now? 5 yards each down is alot of first downs. Also we've gone away from traditional/meathead football twice in the past 20 years, the WCO was a disaster in the NE, and with the exception of 1 year, the air raid hasn't worked very well in the NE yet either. I think some people need to re-evaluate the idea of needing a gimmick offense suited to the dome. We need to play big boy football, with guys like Pugh and Tiller again. BC and Pitt beat us by running down our throats and wearing us down...and it keeps working. I keep hearing this idea that we need a dual-threat QB. Was Nassib a dual-threat QB? We did pretty well with him but I don't remember him being a big threat to run the ball.

Would you seriously not trade an offense that averaged 5 yds per play vs what we have now? 5 yards each down is alot of first downs. Also we've gone away from traditional/meathead football twice in the past 20 years, the WCO was a disaster in the NE, and with the exception of 1 year, the air raid hasn't worked very well in the NE yet either. I think some people need to re-evaluate the idea of needing a gimmick offense suited to the dome. We need to play big boy football, with guys like Pugh and Tiller again. BC and Pitt beat us by running down our throats and wearing us down...and it keeps working. I keep hearing this idea that we need a dual-threat QB. Was Nassib a dual-threat QB? We did pretty well with him but I don't remember him being a big threat to run the ball.
Nassib had a line to give him a pocket. Dungey often ran for his life and carried this team. A dual threat QB would help hide our other weaknesses. We just don't have the horses up front or the playmakers on the outside to play the pocket passer game right now.

Well, I would say give me Nate Hackett's offense any day of the week. No argument there

Nassib had a line to give him a pocket. Dungey often ran for his life and carried this team. A dual threat QB would help hide our other weaknesses. We just don't have the horses up front or the playmakers on the outside to play the pocket passer game right now.
What I'm saying is this, our two most deficient recruiting periods for lineman involve the Greg Robinson and Dino Babers eras and both of those coaches run non-traditional offenses for the NE. I might be way off base here but I am starting to wonder if lineman with aspirations for the NFL shy away from the non-traditional offenses and look for schools that will showcase their talents in a pro-style offense. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe it's philosophy, maybe it's bad luck idk. Just seems that both Grob and Babers had serious issues putting together functional OLs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom