The 2 recruits I want in Orange | Syracusefan.com

The 2 recruits I want in Orange

DirtDog44

Walk On
Cole Swider and Darius Bazley.

Swider is a second coming of Lydon but with more muscle mass at this point in his career. The kid is a shooter with NBA range and the size to play down low. A MUST get in my book.

Bazley is the sweet, crafty left with the perfect body to fit the Syracuse offense and defensive schemes. Great mid range jumper, solid handle..and can take it to the rim with ease. Love his rebounding highlights as well because he uses those long arms and body extremely well.

I hear you and agree that these two are going to be excellent college players. BUT we are in desperate need of a lead guard who can create offense for themselves and others with the bounce. Also Swider is far more well rounded offensively than Lydon was in highschool.

Hopefully they aren't mutually exclusive. They both are looking for big minutes, and they both want to play SF.

Hopefully they aren't mutually exclusive. They both are looking for big minutes, and they both want to play SF.

Sell them on the current "positionless basketball" trend that is all over the NBA and how we'll be preparing them for that. Get them both on the floor and let them do what they're good at.

Swider is a second coming of Lydon but with more muscle mass at this point in his career. The kid is a shooter with NBA range and the size to play down low. A MUST get in my book.

Bazley is the sweet, crafty left with the perfect body to fit the Syracuse offense and defensive schemes. Great mid range jumper, solid handle..and can take it to the rim with ease. Love his rebounding highlights as well because he uses those long arms and body extremely well.
I want Carey. Then Carey. Then Carey. And Swider

We need a pt guard. Either forward and Carey would be a HR.

Need a pg so my choices would be Carey and Swider but I'd be perfectly happy with Bazley also

We won't get both -- probably one or the other situation, if we're even fortunate enough to land even one of those outstanding forward prospects. If not, the good news is that we're involved with a number of other quality forwards from the class of 2018, who aren't rated as high as those two but who would be high qualify fall back options.

The ideal class is a top notch PG prospect, a forward, and a big. It is possible that we'll have 4 scholarships to play with, but we've got 2 projected and will most likely have at least 3. Have to add that lead guard to replace Thorpe, which would add to the quality foundation we built in the class of 2017.

Hope it is Carey, not sure who it would be if we strike out there. But adding an impact lead guard is a "must" in this upcoming class.

My understanding is that Swider is more likely than Bazley.
That's surprising as Bazley expressed direct interest in us to offer. Makes me feel good about Swider

swider has duke on his list so forget him

My understanding is that Swider is more likely than Bazley.

Thanks for the info.

Disappointing to hear that about Bazley, but have a good feeling about Cole. They both would be in my top 3, along with Carey. David Duke would be great as well.

If we could pull off Carey/Swider/Bazley, man. Throw in Hughes, who I really like, and possibly another 'ship opens up. I believe one will, then add a 5 like Carrigan. Why can't it be as easy as that. We would be loaded. So much talent though, if we miss out on a few priorities. 2018-2019 is gonna be fun.

We would be undefeated halfway through the season yet a group of posters would bemoan that Durrant shoots every time he has an opening and James is too ball dominant.
At least we'd be able to count on Durrant to "want to take the big shot." :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom