The 30 over/under | Syracusefan.com

The 30 over/under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyle

All Conference
Yesterday somebody posted a metric regarding SS and how he fared if he scored 30 and if he didn't. By the same token I think it's imperative to point out the following over 30 stat.

Dino Babers has coached 14 games. 12 against FBS competition. In those 12 games he has given up 30+ points a total of 8 times. His record when giving up 30+ points is 0-8.

Yesterday somebody posted a metric regarding SS and how he fared if he scored 30 and if he didn't. By the same token I think it's imperative to point out the following over 30 stat.

Dino Babers has coached 14 games. 12 against FBS competition. In those 12 games he has given up 30+ points a total of 8 times. His record when giving up 30+ points is 0-8.

I found a similar metric.

When Babers is a head coach, he has sustained and increased the football program at his respective schools. 2-0.

What Schaeffer (sorry, smoking cowards impedes my spelling), takes over a program on the rise, he power drives it into the ground. 0-1.

Fascinating data.

And our defensive minded head coach Scott Shafer coached 37 games. 34 against FBS competition. He gave up 30+ points a total of 16 times. His record when giving up 30+ points was 1-15.

I found a similar metric.

When Babers is a head coach, he has sustained and increased the football program at his respective schools. 2-0.

What Schaeffer (sorry, smoking cowards impedes my spelling), takes over a program on the rise, he power drives it into the ground. 0-1.

Fascinating data.
Smoking cowards? You smoking something alright. Yeah he was successful in the MAC. Guess who else tore up the MAC, all of Shafer's assistants that you guys think are so horrible. Coward? I own what I post, and what I say. You heaving childish insults only makes you look the immature fool. But you got me, oh woe's me. Fact is Dino was supposed to be bring an offense that was high-powered. His high-powered offense is 0-8 if the other teams scores 30. By the way, I didn't find 2016 numbers but from 2012 until now the average ppg was 29.5.

Shafer took over a program that had gone 25-25 the previous 4 years.
It wasn't a hot mess. It was middle of
the road.

Babers took over a program that had gone 14-23 the previous 3 years. The program had gone backwards.

I will take Babers coaching my college football program 7 days a week over Scott Shafer.

Babers isn't perfect and needs time to implement a plan. I know for Shafer that is hard to comprehend what a plan is and not do things on the run.

The program is in professional hands.

In 2014 Riley Dixon had as many TD passes as Terrell Hunt had in 6 games.

In 2015 Shafer left his prized QB in a blowout to get hurt when the previous week at Florida State he correctly took him out.

The guy was so in over his head it still amazes me Gross hired him.

That 2014 season he gave up trying to win and was all about keeping the margins down over competing.

2015 we couldn't stop anybody.

Dino took over in 2016 we still couldn't stop anybody.
However he saw the problem and has worked on improving it.

Shafer took over a program that had gone 25-25 the previous 4 years.
It wasn't a hot mess. It was middle of
the road.

Babers took over a program that had gone 14-23 the previous 3 years. The program had gone backwards.

I will take Babers coaching my college football program 7 days a week over Scott Shafer.

Babers isn't perfect and needs time to implement a plan. I know for Shafer that is hard to comprehend what a plan is and not do things on the run.

The program is in professional hands.

Even worse he was 4-17 in his last 21 games before being fired with his best win over that span being against 87th ranked CMU. Amazing that a .190 winning percentage is considered good by some.

And our defensive minded head coach Scott Shafer coached 37 games. 34 against FBS competition. He gave up 30+ points a total of 16 times. His record when giving up 30+ points was 1-15.

Well the comparison had to do with each coach's supposed weakness(Shafer offensive being horrible vs Dino's D being horrible) but if you want to compare strengths we can do that to. I think it's only fair to compare the apple with the apple. Again we will use the 30 over/under mark as that is current national ppg avg(29.5 actually).

As a defensive coach, SS should be able to hold a team under the national average. He accomplished this 18/34 times against FBS competition. So a little better than 1/2. In those games he was 10-8. Dino has scored above the national average 4 times in 12 games. So essentially about 1/3 and in those games he is 1-3. As much as Shafer's offense was a liablity, Dino's defense is an even bigger one. People claiming the defense is better are comparing us to FCS/mid-majors. What happens when Lamar Jackson comes to town? Do we give up 80 this year? We keep hearing about when the offense is going to click. I'm more worried about when the defense will stop leaking.

Well the comparison had to do with each coach's supposed weakness(Shafer offensive being horrible vs Dino's D being horrible) but if you want to compare strengths we can do that to. I think it's only fair to compare the apple with the apple. Again we will use the 30 over/under mark as that is current national ppg avg(29.5 actually).

As a defensive coach, SS should be able to hold a team under the national average. He accomplished this 18/34 times against FBS competition. So a little better than 1/2. In those games he was 10-8. Dino has scored above the national average 4 times in 12 games. So essentially about 1/3 and in those games he is 1-3. As much as Shafer's offense was a liablity, Dino's defense is an even bigger one. People claiming the defense is better are comparing us to FCS/mid-majors. What happens when Lamar Jackson comes to town? Do we give up 80 this year? We keep hearing about when the offense is going to click. I'm more worried about when the defense will stop leaking.

So the MAC can count FOR Shafer (CMU) but against Dino? Why don't you include what he did at Bowling Green against the FBS?

I'm. just. angry. over. everything. SU. Football. related. Period.
It's a bad loss but Dino showed last year he is going to get a scalp in a game we don't expect.

The team just needs to stop running the ball outside of the QB scrambling and chuck it every down.

Smoking cowards? You smoking something alright. Yeah he was successful in the MAC. Guess who else tore up the MAC, all of Shafer's assistants that you guys think are so horrible. Coward? I own what I post, and what I say. You heaving childish insults only makes you look the immature fool. But you got me, oh woe's me. Fact is Dino was supposed to be bring an offense that was high-powered. His high-powered offense is 0-8 if the other teams scores 30. By the way, I didn't find 2016 numbers but from 2012 until now the average ppg was 29.5.

Schaffner's assistants in the MAC? Did I call them horrible? OK. Tell me how I did that. Looking at the post it seemed like HC vs HC.

One took over a rebuilt program that came in #26 in the country and proceeded to help re-route the program back to the bottom. The other (hint: Babers) had a proven track record of not blundering programs as head coach.

Even worse he was 4-17 in his last 21 games before being fired with his best win over that span being against 87th ranked CMU. Amazing that a .190 winning percentage is considered good by some.
But but we started 3-0.
Remember that insane PC after the CMU game.

So the MAC can count FOR Shafer (CMU) but against Dino? Why don't you include what he did at Bowling Green against the FBS?
What? I used all non-FCS competition. MAC or otherwise. What are you talking about? You want me to include what he did at BG? No I don't care about BG. That wasn't our team, our dome, our players, our campus, or anything to do with SU football. I'm including what they've done as our HC's, as in for Syracuse, the team I give a crap about.

Schaffner's assistants in the MAC? Did I call them horrible? OK. Tell me how I did that. Looking at the post it seemed like HC vs HC.

One took over a rebuilt program that came in #26 in the country and proceeded to help re-route the program back to the bottom. The other (hint: Babers) had a proven track record of not blundering programs as head coach.
Sorry was addressing the overall lynchmob who keeps saying how horrible Shafer was for bringing in all of his MAC buddies(which is exactly what Dino did, he brought his MAC staff with him). If you think differently then this wasn't meant for you.

What? I used all non-FCS competition. MAC or otherwise. What are you talking about? You want me to include what he did at BG? No I don't care about BG. That wasn't our team, our dome, our players, our campus, or anything to do with SU football. I'm including what they've done as our HC's, as in for Syracuse, the team I give a crap about.

Since you're just giving us stats to help your opinion ... here I'll do that too...

Shafer had 0 wins against the top 25 in 3 seasons

Dino had 1 win against the top 25 in 6 weeks

It's a rebuild. You can't expect SU to win every game they're favored in. You can't expect them to lose every game they're the under dog.

Well that was one of his greatest victories in his tenure. Beating CMU at home in OT! Build the man a statue.
Better than losing to MTSU in regulation. CMU's coming to town this week btw after hanging 45 on another P5 team. Time for Dino to put up or shut up. If the team does what they are supposed to this week, which to me would be beating the spread i.e. fulfilling expectations, then I will gladly shut up. But I'm not going to shut up as long as we keep losing badly to mid-majors. 1-5 against FBS since beating VT last year. The sad thing is I actually went to the BC game last year, so I have more recent memories of beating a relevant team than most of you!!!!

I do still support Dino but what I don't support is the Shafer bashing, the Dino getting off the hook because it's all Shafer's fault, etc. I get carried away because of the things people say but I will repeat. I am not ready to fire Dino, I am ready to stop blaming Shafer and put these losses squarely on Dino's shoulders.

Reactions: FAL
Since you're just giving us stats to help your opinion ... here I'll do that too...

Shafer had 0 wins against the top 25 in 3 seasons

Dino had 1 win against the top 25 in 6 weeks

It's a rebuild. You can't expect SU to win every game they're favored in. You can't expect them to lose every game they're the under dog.
I wasn't nitpicking stats. Do you think Phin's fans care what Cutler did in Chicago before getting there? No, they care about whether he can still play down there now.
Based on your logic P should still be coach based on all of his prior success. He still has more wins than any other coach in our history.

Better than losing to MTSU in regulation. CMU's coming to town this week btw after hanging 45 on another P5 team. Time for Dino to put up or shut up. If the team does what they are supposed to this week, which to me would be beating the spread i.e. fulfilling expectations, then I will gladly shut up. But I'm not going to shut up as long as we keep losing badly to mid-majors. 1-5 against FBS since beating VT last year. The sad thing is I actually went to the BC game last year, so I have more recent memories of beating a relevant team than most of you!!!!

I do still support Dino but what I don't support is the Shafer bashing, the Dino getting off the hook because it's all Shafer's fault, etc. I get carried away because of the things people say but I will repeat. I am not ready to fire Dino, I am ready to stop blaming Shafer and put these losses squarely on Dino's shoulders.

We have no talent which is Shafer's fault. He had THREE top 85 victories in three years here. Babers already has two top 65 Ws.

I wasn't nitpicking stats. Do you think Phin's fans care what Cutler did in Chicago before getting there? No, they care about whether he can still play down there now.
Based on your logic P should still be coach based on all of his prior success. He still has more wins than any other coach in our history.

I wish Coach P wasn't fired, knowing now what was on the other side.

It's one game man. ONE. against a decent opponent. They used their SCHEME to beat our TALENT.

Ya know ... The exact same thing Dino is trying to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors