the 4 game RS rule | Syracusefan.com

the 4 game RS rule

upperdeck

Living Legend
you wonder if the 2 weeks off and the new 4 game rule would allow them to use any of the LBs who they are RS in a small role the next few games. Limit what they do, goal line or shortyage stuff?

The coaching staff as proven that they will play whoever they feel gives them the best chance to win. I think we will see some change ups on Defense, even if it's just more rotations.

you wonder if the 2 weeks off and the new 4 game rule would allow them to use any of the LBs who they are RS in a small role the next few games. Limit what they do, goal line or shortyage stuff?

Personnel adjustments are the biggest question I have heading into the bye. Will there be any? Do they work in Cullen or Lakiem or Wallace with significant practice reps and then game snaps? What's Butler's situation, and does that mean any other WRs get more run with 1s & 2s? Possible Dunjury (see what I did there), will that mean more snaps for DeVito?

As for the true freshmen who haven't played yet, I don't think you see any of them in the next two Dome games, barring emergency. But after that, all bets are off. It becomes free audition time, with the exception of (Horan, 1 game played) and Vettorello (2 games played).

It will make November more interesting.

I have a hard time believing we see changes at LB. If they thought any of the freshman could contribute, I think we would've seen them get worked in similar to Jarveon Howard. If they thought the upperclassman second string guys could help, we would already be seeing more of them. Going forward, I think we're playing the same hand we've played all year.

I have a hard time believing we see changes at LB. If they thought any of the freshman could contribute, I think we would've seen them get worked in similar to Jarveon Howard. If they thought the upperclassman second string guys could help, we would already be seeing more of them. Going forward, I think we're playing the same hand we've played all year.
Not that I am happy about it but I agree!

he actually punted quite a bit the first 4 games, but the last 2 the scored about 60 and didnt have to punt

We haven't rotated linebackers in two and a half seasons. I don't see it starting in game 7 of year 3. They like who they like win or lose

True. But how’d that work out the last 2 Novembers? And in the last 2 4th quarters we’re seeing the signs that it will repeat.

What’s that definition of insanity again?

OFF TOPIC, but:
I'm not sure if its been brought up on the board... through 6 games, Alabama's punter is still eligible to redshirt for the season.
Maybe the craziest stat I've heard, that team is the definition of perfection.
Nah. They're the definition of dealing with the devil.

The RS4R is a pretty cool strategy for coaches to use, kind of like time outs...when to use them and when not to. You burn it early or wait?

True. But how’d that work out the last 2 Novembers? And in the last 2 4th quarters we’re seeing the signs that it will repeat.

This is kinda the point I was making. I think it would help to rest some guys, but I dont see it happening

i say throw some frosh into the fire and see how they perform . use the new rule to get film and evaluate.

Personnel adjustments are the biggest question I have heading into the bye. Will there be any? Do they work in Cullen or Lakiem or Wallace with significant practice reps and then game snaps? What's Butler's situation, and does that mean any other WRs get more run with 1s & 2s? Possible Dunjury (see what I did there), will that mean more snaps for DeVito?

As for the true freshmen who haven't played yet, I don't think you see any of them in the next two Dome games, barring emergency. But after that, all bets are off. It becomes free audition time, with the exception of (Horan, 1 game played) and Vettorello (2 games played).

It will make November more interesting.
I think you will see some changes this week

I think you will see some changes this week
3oKIPlLZEbEbacWqOc.gif

All good. We'll catch up again in the future.

Seven games in with no linebacker rotations means that there is a very good chance that the wear down factor of 2016, 2017 will occur again this year and even worse, you have now set yourself up to have a woefully inexperienced group again next year. I totally get that I am not at practice or behind the scenes or privy to anything thats going on. My only head scratch in all of this is the vast majority of the reserves are their recruits. Is it possible they missed on all of them?

Seven games in with no linebacker rotations means that there is a very good chance that the wear down factor of 2016, 2017 will occur again this year and even worse, you have now set yourself up to have a woefully inexperienced group again next year. I totally get that I am not at practice or behind the scenes or privy to anything thats going on. My only head scratch in all of this is the vast majority of the reserves are their recruits. Is it possible they missed on all of them?

Are linebacker rotations really that common? I doubt it.

Which would be fine for us if the whistle at the end of the 3rd quarter was also the final one.

LWilliams has been hurt but the guys not rotating in don’t because they’re not very good.

Maybe Richards - who’s been getting more run as a hybrid gets more LB snaps - or maybe not. Giving a snap or two rest might not save anybody from wearing down. Resting them for entire series’ might be worse and give up more yards and points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom