The 5 most unbreakable records in Syracuse basketball history | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The 5 most unbreakable records in Syracuse basketball history

Honestly, what's the most unbreakable record on here?

- JarHeadJim likes received

or

- tee1222 likes given
I think I’m now up 1. Once Jim posts though, he retakes the lead. I show my work:
1569441556055-GettyImages-908884386.jpeg

more of a subjective record, but Deano set a high bar in his stalking of GMac

Mike Jones has to be a contender.

Yeah I would have to give that "award" to Jones or Konecny. Thorpe stuck around long enough to have one good game. I can't even visualize what the other 2 looked like in an SU uniform.

Yeah I would have to give that "award" to Jones or Konecny. Thorpe stuck around long enough to have one good game. I can't even visualize what the other 2 looked like in an SU uniform.
And the only reason you can with Geno is the hair!

Nate Thurmond is a HOF center, his career FG% was 42.1%. He made 4 straight AS teams from 65-68, and he shot 41.8%! (And yes, 19.6 rebounds in that period)

In 1961, the average team took 109 shots per game, this year? 88.8. The average team had 73.5 rebounds, it's 44 now! 67% more rebounds!
Does that make Bill Russell's 54% that much more impressive?

Edit: I have no idea why I said Bill Russell. I meant Wilt Chamberlain. Bill Russell was nowhere near 54% for his career.

Last edited:
So Derrick Coleman had the NCAA record for most career rebounds at ine point in the modern era (not sure if he stilk does, don't feel like researching it). I think I remember that the modern era began in 1979. Does anyone know how they determined that?

So Derrick Coleman had the NCAA record for most career rebounds at ine point in the modern era (not sure if he stilk does, don't feel like researching it). I think I remember that the modern era began in 1979. Does anyone know how they determined that?

Related, have to think those years of 6 fouls allowed in a game helped his total number of rebounds. Same with Moten...?

Related, have to think those years of 6 fouls allowed in a game helped his total number of rebounds. Same with Moten...?
Doesn't seem so. The Big East started that for Coleman's senior year and he only averaged 3.1 personal fouls per game that year. It looks like the rule only stuck around long enough for Moten's freshman year and he averaged less than 3 fouls per game for his career, so it probabaly had a minimal effect on his stats too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom