The ACC and Baseball | Syracusefan.com

The ACC and Baseball

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
So, I think every ACC team plays baseball. Pittsburgh plays baseball... if we go to the ACC, is it a done deal that we bring back baseball??? God I hope so. But not sure what's up with the hockey movement or the politics that come with adding another guys sport... even though it's something like 7 to 11 guy/girls sports, and the chicks play softball already.

Does BC play baseball?

So, I think every ACC team plays baseball. Pittsburgh plays baseball... if we go to the ACC, is it a done deal that we bring back baseball??? God I hope so. But not sure what's up with the hockey movement or the politics that come with adding another guys sport... even though it's something like 7 to 11 guy/girls sports, and the chicks play softball already.

Under current NCAA regs, you're allowed 11.7 scholarships a year for Baseball. SU would have to eliminate a Men's sport, or add another Women's sport.

No need to add baseball Wisconsin doesn't have a baseball team and the B1G is fine with it. In fact, I doubt ACC teams would want to have to travel up Syracuse to play baseball. I doubt we add baseball we are more likely to add men's hockey than baseball.

No need to add baseball Wisconsin doesn't have a baseball team and the B1G is fine with it. In fact, I doubt ACC teams would want to have to travel up Syracuse to play baseball. I doubt we add baseball we are more likely to add men's hockey than football.

They already have to come to Pitt, creative scheduling could just have the teams follow their series at Pitt with a series at Cuse

Add something that you can be good at... hockey.

Under current NCAA regs, you're allowed 11.7 scholarships a year for Baseball. SU would have to eliminate a Men's sport, or add another Women's sport.

I thought adding women's hockey was the precursor to adding men's hockey, so now that we are in a predominantly southern conference, why not just keep the women's hockey and add baseball instead of the men's hockey?

I thought adding women's hockey was the precursor to adding men's hockey, so now that we are in a predominantly southern conference, why not just keep the women's hockey and add baseball instead of the men's hockey?

Adding Women's Hockey was the result of Swimming and Diving being eliminated.

how bout that... why did we get rid of swimming?

1. SU has a swimming pool that's 50 years old (it's not 8 lanes wide, and it's probably not 50 meters) and it would have cost millions to build a new one.

2. In order to maintain Title IX balance we had to swap out a Men's sport for a Women's sport. In the past SU has eliminated Men's Wrestling and Gymnastics to add Women's LAX and Softball.

I was wondering the same thing - every ACC team plays baseball - do any play hockey?

I was wondering the same thing - every ACC team plays baseball - do any play hockey?

Only BC.

I can't see SU adding men's hockey. In what league would it play? Would Cornell, Colgate, Clarkson, St. Lawrence et al really want a team that can spend football money on its hockey program in their league?