The ACC Network lives!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Network lives!!

So far the whole NW content is Bojangles. I knew this was going to happen when the 'announcers' (FSU and carolina maffia insiders) were selected. Not only is there little coverage of SU (so far), not even a mention.
zzzzzzzzz

They had a segment on Tommy Devito on how he will replace Eric Dungey this morning.

They had a segment on Tommy Devito on how he will replace Eric Dungey this morning.

Just had breakfast with a buddy of mine. He said he watched that whole 2 hour show last night and the 3 minute segment where they talked about SU and Devito replacing Dungey was the only SU mention over the 2 hours.

Just had breakfast with a buddy of mine. He said he watched that whole 2 hour show last night and the 3 minute segment where they talked about SU and Devito replacing Dungey was the only SU mention over the 2 hours.
I'm the same - SU. I wish they'd have individual team segments. This rolling stream of (southern) consciousness format makes my eyes glaze over.

Last edited:
I'm the same as you - my interest is SU. I wish they'd segregate the coverage and have segments on each team. This rolling stream of (southern) consciousness format is a dud.

I don’t have the Network yet (if ever), but it’s not surprising. The ACC is top heavy with southern schools. The coverage will remain slanted.

Saw that the ACCN has a reality show in the works where Tristan and CuseHulk road trip to all the ACC venues and sit in the cheap seats. Big if true imo.
With TexanMark and TomCat as the announcers, broadcasting from a desk at the FINE MESS and slanting every team segment to SU.

I don’t have the Network yet (if ever), but it’s not surprising. The ACC is top heavy with southern schools. The coverage will remain slanted.
Until we FORCE them to talk about us by, oh I don’t know...WINNING!?!

Some of this whining is ridiculous, IMO. We’re part of a conference network that has and will effectively advance our AD in unprecedented ways. We could’ve been Uconn or Cincy ffs- but yeah...let’s gripe about having to watch southern content and bojangles commercials. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Some of this whining is ridiculous, IMO. We’re part of a conference network that has and will effectively advance our AD in unprecedented ways. We could’ve been Uconn or Cincy ffs- but yeah...let’s gripe about having to watch southern content and bojangles commercials. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Then don’t advertise it the way it was and don’t charge some people what they are charging.

With TexanMark and TomCat as the announcers, broadcasting from a desk at the FINE MESS and slanting every team segment to SU.

I’ve convinced myself this needs to happen. It’s the buddy comedy that we deserve.

Guilty as charged, Doc . . . but how long can anyone from the northeast listen to southern drawl football stories about the glory days, as though the conference doesn't have any members up here? Not only is it ethnocentric, it makes Wheel of Fortune look fascinating.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I don't want the ACCN. The revenue, the exposure and the access to fans/alums out of the area - it's a great move. But the content, oye. On that I'll take the fifth on ridiculous whining ... but how long can anyone from the northeast listen to southern drawl football stories about the glory days. It's excruciating.
Fair enough. But we’re 2 days in. We’re in a Southern/Atlantic conference- this ain’t our Daddy’s BE anymore. So, yeah- not surprised at all at what we’re watching.
The only way we change the content moving forward is by winning. Win...and they’ll S TFU.

Well we have a dynamic offense, a great coach, we finished 10-3 and top 15 with a lopsided bowl win, we're preseason top 25 ... and if you watch ACCN it's like we don't exist.
’And in their minds, and a lot of other people’s btw, we’re a flash-in-the-pan, one-year wonder. So we do it again...and we start by beating Clemson. ;)

Fair enough. But we’re 2 days in. We’re in a Southern/Atlantic conference- this ain’t our Daddy’s BE anymore. So, yeah- not surprised at all at what we’re watching.
The only way we change the content moving forward is by winning. Win...and they’ll S TFU.

I just called my buddy. Did Miami and ncst win more than us last year? Who’s picked 2nd this year?

When I hear of a show called “The resurgence of SU football, the Dino Babers way”, I’m all for it. But 2 or 3 hour talk shows where I’d have to watch the whole thing hoping for SU snips, not worth my time.

I just called my buddy. Did Miami and ncst win more than us last year? Who’s picked 2nd this year?

When I hear of a show called “The resurgence of SU football, the Dino Babers way”, I’m all for it. But 2 or 3 hour talk shows where I’d have to watch the whole thing hoping for SU snips, not worth my time.
I tried but decided Days of Our LIves was more exciting.

Bees, last 3 years we went 4-8, 4-8 and finally, 10-3. B-ball, since 25-0 our first year, has been average at best.
We NEED to win if we wanna be talked about in this new conference of ours. That’s just facts.

Bees, last 3 years we went 4-8, 4-8 and finally, 10-3. B-ball, since 25-0 our first year, has been average at best.
We NEED to win if we wanna be talked about in this new conference of ours. That’s just facts.

What about the few other teams not named Clemson they covered significantly. Tell me their accomplishments the past few years. And I’d say last year trumps using the past few years.

Apparently worth the time it took for your buddy to time it.

Thing's been on air for a day.

Apparently worth the time it took for your buddy to time it.

Thing's been on air for a day.

He watched it last night. Said SU was only discussed about 3 minutes. There wasn’t anything to time.

Last year FSU was 5 -7. Miami was 7 - 6. VT was 6 - 7. All three were prominently featured in the ACCN's Dixie-centric conference rollout. SU had better records than all those teams, was picked last and wound up 2nd, yet was almost completely ignored. So I think at some point it's fair to ask whether it's "winning" or just homers talking up their schools? If it's the latter, they need to gut the format and the staff, and hire some professionals with more balanced perspectives.

Last edited:
If you watched The Team that Saved K, this is just today's version of what Duke went through when K came there. UNC and NCSt. were the big dogs that got all the calls and all the media.
Syracuse FB starts to beat the best of the ACC, the media will come around------or at least as much as their Southern roots will let them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom