The ACC tourney blows... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC tourney blows...

Sometimes when I'm concerned about the future of SU basketball, I look at uconn and realize it's not so bad.

They're recruiting better than SU -- and without injuries they'd be a tourney team this year.

I despise UConn, but those are the facts.

They're recruiting better than SU -- and without injuries they'd be a tourney team this year.

What is this based on? I doubt uconn was a tourney team, regardless. They stunk before their players got hurt. They stink now. They stunk all year. How is their recruiting better?

I long for the days of the old big east tourney. The World's Most Famous Arena, the old big east rivalries. Watching the ACC tourney makes me want to take a nap.

I long for a win in the ACCt.

Its been a LOOOOONG 4 years going 0-fer. We are doing ourselves no favors in making the ACCt special.

LOL, saying they "would" be a tourney team "if" it wasn't for injuries...that's not a fact at all.

Williams at times seems clueless. How do you leave Bary out for over 10 minutes and let a 13 point lead become a 9 point deficit? Jackson also had a bad second half. He couldn't make any of is reliable floaters. Williams used 1 timeout in a 22 point swing. Duke got aggressive and was physical with carolina's bigs and they changed the game. Duke's ability to drive the ball created all kinds of problems for Carolina on defense. Duke will be a tough out in the tournament.

yet some in this board always defend him

I wouldn't have guessed that.

I wonder if their fans miss the CUSA tourney.

Remember that Louisville was stuck in the AAC for one year. I wonder if they miss those AAC glory days.

i've never been to an NCAA tourney game . but i attended several BE tournaments. i miss the success.

ACC Tourney would be awesone if we were playing the the final tonight.

Last night was rocking and I imagine tonight will be a great atmosphere.

I just found out today that the Big Ten is moving their tournament to MSG next season. I am livid.
No way the ACC would rush their season to play 2nd fiddle to the new BE in MSG by playing there a week earlier - Barclays is an excellent facility though in Brooklyn not Manhattan and the last games have been sellouts. Hope you (and Wake) go with us to the NCAAs - the ACC really IS the toughest BB conference.

They're playing it a week early to get in MSG so it'll be B10 one week, BE the next.
The Big 10 wants to make inroad$$ in the NYC market.
Unless Rutgers somehow becomes a major power (please stifle laughter) ...there just isn't the fan base to be successful in the way the old Big East was...even with top-ranked teams.

And they can't generate the excitement of a Duke-Carolina game in the ACC tourney (rare though it has been recently).
According to the university website, SU alone has 50,000 alumni in NYC area.
(Duke claims about 15,000).

About Us | Syracuse University

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom