The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 412 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Locksley is a terrible coach we should be ashamed for losing to him.

never said we shouldn’t be ashamed ... however do I need to repost the score from last year or can we just stick to Rutgers bashing?

Didn’t they beat our asses last year? Am I forgetting something? Let’s focus back on the Piscataway trash ... dumping on MD after they trucked us last season isn’t the best look.
I watch a lot of there games. They have talent and his teams always play undisciplined. His teams will look great one game and the bed the next. Thats the point. Yesterday's game has nothing to do with him beating us last year. Im not sure you understand my reason for bringing up Maryland's disapointing performance.

Last edited:
never said we shouldn’t be ashamed ... however do I need to repost the score from last year or can we just stick to Rutgers bashing?
How does reposting our Maryland score change my feelings about them being ridicuously sloppy and undecisiplined yesterday? You think it will change my opinion about this current Maryland team?

Last edited:
How does reposting our Maryland score change my feelings about them being ridicuously sloppy and undecisiplined yesterday? You think it will change my opinion about this current Maryland team?

No but does the phrase pot calling the kettle black sound familiar? Sloppy ... poor game management ... turnover and penalty prone sound familiar? I think using MD being bad (who lost to RU by the way) as an example of why RU is a dumpster fire doesn't hold a lot of water.

No but does the phrase pot calling the kettle black sound familiar? Sloppy ... poor game management ... turnover and penalty prone sound familiar? I think using MD being bad (who lost to RU by the way) as an example of why RU is a dumpster fire doesn't hold a lot of water.
Maybe you should just ignore this thread if it upsets you so much.

It ain't going anywhere.

Btw tuas brother didn't play.

Maybe you should just ignore this thread if it upsets you so much.

It ain't going anywhere.

Never said it upset me ... but by all means you think that. I am making a simple point that this thread is about an RU program that is a total mess and dismissing their victory because Locksley is a bad coach is poor form. Especially after the beating we took from MD last year, is this really that hard to figure out? I understand their history, their poor budget choices and the fact that they rehired Schiano out of desperation but the fact is they doubled our win total for 2020 what else can I tell you?

Does that speak to a positive long term outlook? I don't know ... but they don't have as poor a perception nationally this year as we do .. you're naive thinking otherwise. I think we are better suited over the next 5-10 years whether Dino is our coach or not (frankly I like Dino but struggle with this in game approaches) than RU. However sitting here taking the stance of a W not mattering because Locksley sucks when we couldn't beat him doesn't tell a very good story does it? Like we wouldn't have killed for a few more wins.

Btw tuas brother didn't play.

But I thought RU was so bad that it didn't matter right? Didn't hear Clemson use that excuse in 2018 when Kelly Bryant was banged up then knocked out of the game when we beat them in the Dome. I could swear games were 11 on 11 ... who knew?

But I thought RU was so bad that it didn't matter right? Didn't hear Clemson use that excuse in 2018 when Kelly Bryant was banged up then knocked out of the game when we beat them in the Dome. I could swear games were 11 on 11 ... who knew?
They are bad but so is Maryland without tuas brother.

They are bad but so is Maryland without tuas brother.

Never said MD was good ... however if you take the staff and the team for RU from 2019 they lose that game going away. Frankly I loathe RU and Schiano ... but folks here need to come to grips with certain realities ... RU didn't play a cream puff this year and are far better offensively than they were last year without playing teams like Howard to pad stats. In 8 games they are only a few hundred shy of the total passing yards they put up last year in 12 games ... and lets not even get into the INT/TD ratio difference. Honestly knowing this gives me the hope that SU can invoke a similar turn around and hiring White and hopefully Gilbert will do that for us. We have a lot to cleanup and as I said earlier as a program I do believe we have more upside for a variety of reasons but we have a hard time looking at things realistically as fans.

Last edited:
Never said MD was good ... however if you take the staff and the team for RU from 2019 they lose that game going away. Frankly I loathe RU and Schiano ... but folks here need to come to grips with certain realities ... RU didn't play a cream puff this year and are far better offensively than they were last year without playing teams like Howard to pad stats. In 5 games they are only a few hundred shy of the total passing yards they put up last year in 12 games ... and lets not even get into the INT/TD ratio difference. Honestly knowing this gives me the hope that SU can invoke a similar turn around and hiring White and hopefully Gilbert will do that for us. We have a lot to cleanup and as I said earlier as a program I do believe we have more upside for a variety of reasons but we have a hard time looking at things realistically as fans.
Sure they did they beat msu,purdue and md without tuas brother. Haven't beat a good team all year.

Sure they did they beat msu,purdue and md without tuas brother. Haven't beat a good team all year.

You mean the same MSU who has wins over Michigan and NW (who will be in the B1G championship game) or Purdue who beat #16 Iowa or MD who has wins over PSU and Minny ... yes great examples. You are missing the point which is fine ... you can keep screaming about Tua's brother cool story.

You still dont get it do you? I mentioned Maryland because I was relying on them to beat rutgers. I was upset because they were undisciplined and act like they didnt want to win. The post wasn't meant to bash Maryland lol. I dis like rutgers. What is making it hard for you to realize that?

You still dont get it do you? I mentioned Maryland because I was relying on them to beat rutgers. I was upset because they were undisciplined and act like they didnt want to win. The post wasn't meant to bash Maryland lol. I dis like rutgers. What is making it hard for you to realize that?

I get that ... but I find bashing a team and calling them awful after a win is counterproductive. I have shared my thoughts on RU and they have been consistent throughout my time on this board. If we want to bash RU there are a myriad of other reasons that are far better IMHO.

You mean the same MSU who has wins over Michigan and NW (who will be in the B1G championship game) or Purdue who beat #16 Iowa or MD who has wins over PSU and Minny ... yes great examples. You are missing the point which is fine ... you can keep screaming about Tua's brother cool story.
And yet both of those teams have a losing record.

I get that ... but I find bashing a team and calling them awful after a win is counterproductive. I have shared my thoughts on RU and they have been consistent throughout my time on this board. If we want to bash RU there are a myriad of other reasons that are far better IMHO.
What are you talking about? I shouldnt be a football observer and have a opinion or thought about another team because syracuse wasnt good this year? Ok, so Im watchin the Bills play sloppy right now. How dare me say anything critical about this team. Im so wrong for that. Take me to fan prison. lol

What are you talking about? I shouldnt be a football observer and have a opinion or thought about another team because syracuse wasnt good this year? Ok, so Im watchin the Bills play sloppy right now. How dare me say anything critical about team. Im so wrong for that. Take me to fan prison. lol

No but try this for logic ... you are essentially a 500 lb kid calling a 400 lb kid fat. 1-10 vs 3-5 isn't really much of a comparison is it. Never said don't be an observer but let's consider the logic of the comparison. Now if you want to talk about the insane debt they are in, our series history or even their lack of star power at the NFL level over the last 50 years have at it.

Rutgers didn't beat the ranked teams. Purdue still lost to Nebraska and Illinois.

Never said they did .. was responding to your comment that they both had losing records but still had Ws against ranked teams. Once again you are not following and changing directions ... Tua's brother! Whats amazing is I've said historically RU is a bad team ... they are having a better season than we are for a variety of reasons ... and somehow the idea that we are running them down because they beat a sloppy team is valid.