The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 461 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Having Kelsey Grammer on the sideline vs Nebraska was the kiss of death. They did better with James Gandolfini. C’mon, Frasier??
Um, I don’t think Gandolfini is available anymore. It’s not like Weitsman has always hit a home run with SU either. I think the kiss of death was when they heard, “Welcome to Rutgers.” It was all downhill from there.

The problem for them here now if things keep going this way, the thinking now is "if the guy who was the only guy bring Rutgers to any national prominence can't bring them back to even respectability, then who TF can at this point?"
What's sad is this mindset. If RU hired an offensive minded coach running a west coast style offense RU would have a shot at doing something. There is so much offensive talent in that area and yet RU continues to try to play heavyweight meathead football with the likes of OSU, UM, PSU, etc. It's insanity.

What's sad is this mindset. If RU hired an offensive minded coach running a west coast style offense RU would have a shot at doing something. There is so much offensive talent in that area and yet RU continues to try to play heavyweight meathead football with the likes of OSU, UM, PSU, etc. It's insanity.
...and Rutgers has five more years of the insanity, guaranteed...

That Cruickshank kid should be a 13-16 touch a game kid.

Slot, deep balls, out of the backfield.

5E3F86C4-11D0-40D9-992B-9CE8B3FB3788.jpeg
588F9A6E-6EAA-47CE-8EDB-9252E4FBE663.jpeg

Awesome, just awesome. I want to make love to this statement and raise a family of tiny little statements with it. Schiano should wear clown shoes.

Their OC was not the problem. Gerg can't give up control of his offense because he knows better than everyone. Can't wait to see them get worse.

Really hope Beck is smart enough to stay away. He deserves a shot, but he needs a coach that will let him call the game. A retread looking for one last pay day should jump at that job, but not anyone with a real future.

I have no knowledge of this but my guess is there is a plan for Beck here at Syracuse to take over the offense when Anae retires. Not sure what the time frame is. My other guess is that working for GS has a lot of
Negatives and it’s probably a known commodity in the coaching circles

I have no knowledge of this but my guess is there is a plan for Beck here at Syracuse to take over the offense when Anae retires. Not sure what the time frame is. My other guess is that working for GS has a lot of
Negatives and it’s probably a known commodity in the coaching circles

This is a rutgirls pipe dream. Beck would never consider moving to that toxic dump and not even for the million they were paying Gleason. Beck's situation is a 1000X better at SU than rutgirls. Ranked team with Wilson and Sellars in the pipeline. Controlled climate with away games in the South. He's the next OC at Syracuse.

He'd never go work for a meathead compounded by a meathead who has no chance of ever competing in that division.

Maybe our guy Pharm73 can shed some light on the state of rutgers and Schitano 2.0.
I am here to answer any respectful questions...
If the good fans here can keep it with that, I could go back and forth

If you just want to trash the program in reply to me, I will not answer further
If I do not respond, it is for that reason, I will be gone for a good while.

so it is up to you, here...

that said,

I am a long time RU football and bb fan, going back to the 70"s

the current state of the RU football program mirrors a lot of the problems we have had in the past... the defense, except against a team like OSU, is good enough to win games, but the offense is a mess

part of the offense problem was having to go with the 3rd string qb, and he was not ready...couple that with a weak passing blocking line, and questionable
play calling... I think even with an average qb, that qb would struggle with the pass blocking. ...RU has, and has always had decent running backs

I see a lot of talk about how RU got "blown out" by Iowa... some may not
realize that Iowa only had one offense touchdown...and that touchdown was a result of a very bad pass interference call in the end zone, on an uncatchable throw on a 3rd down... it should have resulted in a field goal attempt

not to make an excuse, but just to show that our defense is and was good enough to win the middle of the road, or lower level big 10 games.

I supported the rehire of Greg S, but he never was a good offensive coach... he either stifles the OC, or has made bad OC hires in the past...I am not in position to say which

The majority seemed to want an OC change now, and to hire someone who can be creative and possibly solve some of the problems..

that would require Greg to be hands off, and to be honest, I don't think he can be
I don't expect our interim OC to be a miracle worker

I always remain optimistic... I know you like to portray RU fans as crazed or deluded...I am neither... like any Syracuse fan, you go to the games, watch on tv and hope for the best, with no overly optimistic expectations...

we are 3-3 right now, and, with the schedule left, could win one or possibly two, if all of a sudden, then find something on offense...