The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 483 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

My family had this vehicle in yellow. The wood paneling was epic. My younger sister and myself were relegated to the “way back.”

Yellow Mercury with fake wood siding, and my seat was the way back also.
First car I personally bought when I got out of the Navy and was in grad school was a yellow Pinto station wagon with the "wood" on the sides. At Wake Forest, the front row of the main parking lot by Wait Chapel had section that was always like 5 or 6 Pinto station wagons in a row.

Last edited:
My mom's car was the Country Squire wagon. My dad's car was a blue Pinto. Yup, I grew up in the lap of luxury.
We only had one car at a time, Dad upgraded to this sweet ride in 1975. Had to parallel park a brown version of this on my drivers test. Nailed it!

1701968142554.png

Somehow Rutgers fans are more delusion than I even thought.. the way they justify below mediocrity is lolz
**love the second poster doubling down and touting being under .500 against the bottom half of the BIG…just great stuff all around.

and they’re in a big big denial phase about our new coaching staff and how bright our future is looking…I’ll truly be enjoying every second of this :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_5900.png
    IMG_5900.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5901.png
    IMG_5901.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 124
Somehow Rutgers fans are more delusion than I even thought.. the way they justify below mediocrity is lolz
**love the second poster doubling down and touting being under .500 against the bottom half of the BIG…just great stuff all around.

and they’re in a big big denial phase about our new coaching staff and how bright our future is looking…I’ll truly be enjoying every second of this :rolleyes:
And the tough teams in SU’s division actually have national championships since joining. What’s the Big 10 have, one NC from OSU?

Just went on there and read 7 pages of nonsense, saw a few of your posts.
What the majority of their fans don't understand, and some of ours also.
In the NFL good coaching is a big thing, because talent is more evenly distributed.
In college the main factor in winning is better talent. Then the next factor is competent coaching.
People are always looking for something new, but having better talent wins most of the time.

We had the Chevy caprice classic wagons and those had wood siding too. Back seats faced the opposite direction. That was kind of cool. When you’re poor and dad doesn’t buy new tires in the winter, you learn to drive in snow really quick.
My dad had a Chevy Impala wagon back in the late 70s/early 80s. When we went on vacations, two of us four kids would take turns being in the back where you had to lie down. No seatbelts, you just bounced around back there.

Just went on there and read 7 pages of nonsense, saw a few of your posts.
What the majority of their fans don't understand, and some of ours also.
In the NFL good coaching is a big thing, because talent is more evenly distributed.
In college the main factor in winning is better talent. Then the next factor is competent coaching.
People are always looking for something new, but having better talent wins most of the time.
Yeah... nobody is going to accuse that fanbase of being particularly knowledgeable about big time football. They are a historically awful program clinging to the afterglow of a brief period of mediocrity, and a huge part of their self-worth is viewed in comparison to how SU is doing. Their fanbase has a perpetual little brother, outside-looking-in mindset because that's all they know... even as a member of the B1G. It'll be nice cashing those big checks from the brand cache of those midwestern programs, but unless they make a radical change there won't be much to show for it.

Cuse could get a talent infusion and quickly make the playoffs out of the ACC; barring some form of divine intervention or dropping down to FCS, it's hard to imagine that ever happening for them.

Yeah... nobody is going to accuse that fanbase of being particularly knowledgeable about big time football. They are a historically awful program clinging to the afterglow of a brief period of mediocrity, and a huge part of their self-worth is viewed in comparison to how SU is doing. Their fanbase has a perpetual little brother, outside-looking-in mindset because that's all they know... even as a member of the B1G. It'll be nice cashing those big checks from the brand cache of those midwestern programs, but unless they make a radical change there won't be much to show for it.

Cuse could get a talent infusion and quickly make the playoffs out of the ACC; barring some form of divine intervention or dropping down to FCS, it's hard to imagine that ever happening for them.
Serious question.. what has Rutgers ever accomplished athletically in the history of their school? They were in a 3 way tie for the bigeast when it was watered down. They beat Louisville once years ago. Anything else? Put them a 100 miles farther from NYC and they wouldn’t even be UConn.

And that is why it's important to get good again in
football and basketball.
The next round now that the Big pretty much eliminated research as conference being important.
They are going to want the school that dominates NYC which we were, and can be again.

Serious question.. what has Rutgers ever accomplished athletically in the history of their school? They were in a 3 way tie for the bigeast when it was watered down. They beat Louisville once years ago. Anything else? Put them a 100 miles farther from NYC and they wouldn’t even be UConn.
Didn't the woman hoops team win a natty a wile back?

Well, they are the 1869 collegiate soccer champs.

Tie for the fencing title of 1949

Attachments

• IMG_7246.jpeg
    IMG_7246.jpeg
    487.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I'm just as excited as the next guy but we haven't even played a single game with brown as head coach. I'm gonna wait a couple game b4 I anoint him Jesus christ and savior lol