The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 490 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

How many other B1G teams will host Rutgers for homecoming?
Skaneateles
Didn't read what the 2nd comment was in reply to and only saw these 2 comments in order. Thought you were saying Skaneateles would host Rutgers for homecoming...

Feel this answer would track for both your reply and the way I read it.

Didn't read what the 2nd comment was in reply to and only saw these 2 comments in order. Thought you were saying Skaneateles would host Rutgers for homecoming...

Feel this answer would track for both your reply and the way I read it.
That's funny. And weird. I was replying to the post about where SU would chopper to. I'm not sure why it came up under the homecoming question, but I like the end result.

That's funny. And weird. I was replying to the post about where SU would chopper to. I'm not sure why it came up under the homecoming question, but I like the end result.
It showed what you responded to correctly. I just read it wrong.

Chop Force Once? Give me an break. They really needed to take a helicopter to travel an hour up the Parkway? That’s like Fran taking da choppa to check out a recruit in Rome, NY.
Maybe Fran will take a choppa to Rome to see if John Dominic has any interest in joining our beefed up DL. Unfortunately, he might need a Star Trek portal to get him back to SU. He was a piece of our 87 undefeated team. Whoa, flashback...lol

Maybe Fran will take a choppa to Rome to see if John Dominic has any interest in joining our beefed up DL. Unfortunately, he might need a Star Trek portal to get him back to SU. He was a piece of our 87 undefeated team. Whoa, flashback...lol
That is a flash back as he graduated from RFA with my sister. A long time ago now.

The answer may surprise you

Or not
Rutgers is not the birthplace of football.

It is destined to be known for only one thing regarding college athletics.

It has lost more money than any other college attempting to play college athletics in history.

It will continue to hold this distinction forever.

Go Knights!

Rutgers is not the birthplace of football.

It is destined to be known for only one thing regarding college athletics.

It has lost more money than any other college attempting to play college athletics in history.

It will continue to hold this distinction forever.

Go Knights!
I think you meant, in the Scarlet (red) Knights...

The answer may surprise you

Or not
So much to unpack, let's get started with the highlights:

1) Rutgers spent a record $153,523,767 in 2022-23 - Does anyone NOT understand why FSU wants more money? (I know, we all understand this point)

2) $34.4 million in coaching salaries - Does any other school get so little for so much?

3) $25.7 million in administrative/ and support staff salaries - Not to be outdone, the admin side of sports costs nearly as much as the coaching staff.

4) $26.1 million in university subsidies - There it is, the University pays to play. Literally, the AD should not take money from the school. How many scholarships could NJ kids use?

5) Despite the record revenue, Rutgers athletics’ deficit for the year totals $54.2 million - And I though the $20MM and $30MM deficits were too much...Obviously, Rutgers disagreed and proved wrong.

6) The expenditures represent 3% of the university’s $5.4 billion budget, while the $26.1 million in subsidies account for 0.5% of the budget. - For those who think the AD and conference money is key to a successful university, this proves the whole mess is not impactful on the overall scope of university budgets.

7) The department’s ledger shows only a $28.1 million shortfall because the debt was offset by $26.1 million — $6.2 million in subsidies from the university’s operating budget, $13.5 million in student fees and $6.4 million in direct state or government support. - You knew that Rutgers could not survive without robbing the students.

8) “it is highly unlikely the athletics division of Rutgers-New Brunswick ... will one day cover all of its expenses” - Rutgers' own position is finally disclosed. Never will Rutgers break even, let alone pay back anything...

Apparently the B1G money is not going to help Rutgers at any point in time. But everyone knew this outside of Rutgers fans. All three of them.

IMG_8316.jpeg