The Alley-Oop to Hughes with 10 seconds left (1 on shot clock) | Syracusefan.com

The Alley-Oop to Hughes with 10 seconds left (1 on shot clock)

OrangeYaGladi

2018-19 Iggies Hoops Regular Season/ACC Record
This was a mistake by JB. I'm really surprised he attempted it. Low probability of converting (although Eli came close) and it sparked the fast break.

Love JB but that was objectively a bad decision. Costly.

This was a mistake by JB. I'm really surprised he attempted it. Low probability of converting (although Eli came close) and it sparked the fast break.

It was a good play with a high probability of a foul knowing how Clemson was playing inside. Refs just shriveled and stopped calling fouls

Didn't matter. They would have just gone down low and we couldn't stop them.

I thought a three and getting back on defense would of been a better option

I hear ya but if it goes in the game would pretty much have been won.

Didn't matter. They would have just gone down low and we couldn't stop them.
10 seconds left in the game. Not enough time to work around the perimeter and make a few big to big passes. Just taking the shot clock violation would have been higher percentage play.

10 seconds left in the game. Not enough time to work around the perimeter and make a few big to big passes. Just taking the shot clock violation would have been higher percentage play.
They didn't have to work it around. Throw it at the hoop. Edwards wasn't stopping anyone. I was actually hoping we would foul. They might miss

1 second.

Barely time to catch and shoot only.

I wish the shot clock had tenths of seconds. There's a huge difference between a full second and like 0.3 in the type of play you can call in that situation.

are you serious????? there is no coach in the history of basketball that would do that. we could miss and get the offensive rebound. we could get fouled (we did). we could make the shot (we almost did). you dont give up the possession, come on!
I'm saying the play should be a perimeter jumper, where the worst case scenario is a shot clock violation. Not a low probably lob to the rim where the worst case scenario is a fast break.

I'd say there's a higher chance of a fast break than a converted lay-up.

I'm saying the play should be a perimeter jumper, where the worst case scenario is a shot clock violation. Not a low probably lob to the rim where the worst case scenario is a fast break.

the lob to the rim resulted in a great look, it just rolled off the rim. cuse was back on D, they just didnt stop the ball, its not like clemson had a 3 on 1 fast break.

I know thatno one would do this, but what I’d like to see there is inbound the ball, and immediately underhand it straight into the air as high as you can. By the time it hits the ground, stopping the clock, there would be barely any time left, and they have to inbound against our set defense.

are you serious????? there is no coach in the history of basketball that would do that. we could miss and get the offensive rebound. we could get fouled (we did). we could make the shot (we almost did). you dont give up the possession, come on!
Or the ball rolls around the floor for a few seconds or goes out of bounds to us.

I know thatno one would do this, but what I’d like to see there is inbound the ball, and immediately underhand it straight into the air as high as you can. By the time it hits the ground, stopping the clock, there would be barely any time left, and they have to inbound against our set defense.

hakim warrick did something similar against notre dame at the dome in ‘03. magic also did it against portland in the playoffs in ‘91. its a very smart play that surprisingly doesnt happen often.

They didn't have to work it around. Throw it at the hoop. Edwards wasn't stopping anyone. I was actually hoping we would foul. They might miss
Poor Edwards had the ball 2 on 1 he’s 6’11” 12 feet from basket . And I thought it was gonna be a step and a dunk. Wrong ...throws the ball away. Poor guy.

I wish the shot clock had tenths of seconds. There's a huge difference between a full second and like 0.3 in the type of play you can call in that situation.
This.

The other positive to this is that it takes more time off of the clock with how long the ball takes to get to the rim, as well as what runs off corralling the rebound. When they finally outlet the ball, and head up the court you’re looking at 5-6 seconds to get off a shot. You can have your D back also when the shot is taken from deep, so that you can be more set than what we saw. We probably win the game if we just take a shot that was more like the last play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom