The Alley-Oop to Hughes with 10 seconds left (1 on shot clock) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Alley-Oop to Hughes with 10 seconds left (1 on shot clock)

The other positive to this is that it takes more time off of the clock with how long the ball takes to get to the rim, as well as what runs off corralling the rebound. When they finally outlet the ball, and head up the court you’re looking at 5-6 seconds to get off a shot. You can have your D back also when the shot is taken from deep, so that you can be more set than what we saw. We probably win the game if we just take a shot that was more like the last play.
bingo

hakim warrick did something similar against notre dame at the dome in ‘03. magic also did it against portland in the playoffs in ‘91. its a very smart play that surprisingly doesnt happen often.

Ah, yes. The ND game when GMac hit a corner three late, and we stormed the court. I was in that chaos. What a game. It was so hectic when he threw that ball up because they ended up still having time. It really is a smart move that is rarely utilized properly.

1 second.

Barely time to catch and shoot only.
On what planet ? 1 second is an eternity to catch and shoot .. hard to make the shot . But just getting it off? Easily

If I remember correctly, when Hak did that the ball landed with still a couple seconds left on the clock and everyone freaked out for a moment.

Yes. It landed with time left and I think there was a little scramble for the ball as time ran out. Good thing it landed in bounds.

I was out on the court seconds later. Good times.

hakim warrick did something similar against notre dame at the dome in ‘03. magic also did it against portland in the playoffs in ‘91. its a very smart play that surprisingly doesnt happen often.

Magic threw it and it rolled to the other end of the court and ran the clock to 0.1. Forum clock operator should’ve never stopped that, lol. 54:00 minute mark of this video.

Poor Edwards had the ball 2 on 1 he’s 6’11” 12 feet from basket . And I thought it was gonna be a step and a dunk. Wrong ...throws the ball away. Poor guy.
No way it would happen like that. He would try, get called for the charge, and injure himself all in one play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom