the answer is simple | Syracusefan.com

the answer is simple

install a competent offense

LGO!!!
The last two games the real answer has been free throw shooting. The dynamics of both games would have been in our favor with good free throw shooting. Instead we have been abysmal at the line. We have players that can drive which draws fouls. We just have to make them.

We must lead the NCAA every year, at least for the past few, on failed attempts to advance the ball inside the three point line. It's like, we're trying, we're really trying (in a lackadaisical, mildly disinterested sort of fashion), but so often it just seems like we can't quite get it past that stupid line. We're pretty easy to defend.

I mean, there are teams that just want to jack up threes, and for them, they may never care...but my impression is that we're trying to get that darned ball inside the three point line as part of our offense. We just seem mostly unable to do that with much regularity. :)

It's kind of amazing. It's almost like what I would imagine watching if a hockey team tried to run out 5 defenseman all the time and then advance the puck up ice into the offensive zone...they'd likely have trouble getting it across the blue line.

The last two games the real answer has been free throw shooting. The dynamics of both games would have been in our favor with good free throw shooting. Instead we have been abysmal at the line. We have players that can drive which draws fouls. We just have to make them.

They can’t drive on certain teams and athletes. They aren’t dynamic enough at the guard spots or anywhere, really. There aren’t really any plan B’s in scheme. You get what you see. The stalled out offense hovering back around the 3pt line settling for jacks late in the SC.

They can’t drive on certain teams and athletes. They aren’t dynamic enough at the guard spots or anywhere, really. There aren’t really any plan B’s in scheme. You get what you see. The stalled out offense hovering back around the 3pt line settling for jacks late in the SC.
We are that special combo of being bigger than the other team so our guards are too slow to get past their man but somehow still manage to be to be not big enough to have an inside game or dominate the boards.

It makes me wonder how over all these last few years teams smaller and less athletic than us have managed to light us up... I’m looking at you ND. The more I think about the lack of any basic concepts on offense beyond pick and roll with a guy who can’t catch rolling the more infuriating it is. Why wasn’t either OB or Battle posting up a smaller dude all game long? Why don’t we pass it to anyone of our forwards at the FT line and than runb action from the wings from there like teams do over and over again? Why don’t we overload one side of the court to create a mismatch?

we could run the UB offense, take bad 3s and hope you can go get them and then hope the other teams shoots 30% from the ft line.

We scored 62 against ODU and 59 against UB. The issues go well beyond free throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom