The arizona game should open peoples eyes | Syracusefan.com

The arizona game should open peoples eyes

Marsh01

Living Legend
Its tough to bring your best every night. Teams are going to play harder because you are undefeated. Arizona is in a dogfight tonight against a decent but not great utah team at home. Lets stop with the "we are winning ugly" posts. We are 19-0 and will have every teams best shot from here on out.

Last edited:
Its tough to bring your best every night. Teams are going to play harder because you are undefeated. Arizona is in a dogfight tonight against a decent but great utah team at home. Lets stop with the "we are winning ugly" posts. We are 19-0 and will have every teams best shot from here on out.
But but but ...pretty losses are better than ugly wins!
Don't u get it!!!!

Yeah utah is maybe just a tad better than miami. Better record but same quality

Nope. Any team in the top 10 should beat any unranked team by at least 20. No matter what.

This must be where you got the name marsh :)
4087594_std.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. People on social media saying that Arizona should have blown those guys away. We've had some tough contests too so you cannot hold a double standard. It's going to be a great final month of the regular season.

Its tough to bring your best every night. Teams are going to play harder because you are undefeated. Arizona is in a dogfight tonight against a decent but not great utah team at home. Lets stop with the "we are winning ugly" posts. We are 19-0 and will have every teams best shot from here on out.
I just did some real FAST research. Emphasis on fast. First our scoring differential is 13.8 pts. I know that seems high, but heck yesterday we won by 12. Pitt spread ended up 6.
There are no SU 75 MSU 73's in there.
A couple contexts , how good they are is ambiguous, is we are 20th. There are a lot of good, not REAL good teams ahead of us. This should probably be 2 dimensional. OOC and IC. Will put the cupcake blowouts if any in perspective.
Second, I went back to the last undefeated team Indiana. 32-0. Outscored opponents by 517 pts, 16.2 pts per game, not that much different than us. Not sure how that fit in with the time, but I remember on our upward climb thru the ECAC we routinely beat the Lafayettes, Colgates, Niagaras, Fordhams by a lot before we "outgrew" them. A note they beat Wiscy by 54 in a game. Beat Kentucky by 20.
I think our season to date is a reasonable expectation of a top 3 ranked team. Remember how it was on the other end, how these kind of teams (MSU 2000) you'd get so close and they'd find a way to win. I also remember the UNLV's and PhiSlammaJamma's of the world, nuking everyone and falling flat at the very end.

We always get the other team's bet shot, regardless of year or record. We're Syracuse, for cryin' out loud!!! :)

And "winning ugly" is nothing more than running out of PBR when there is still 8:00 mins left in the game.

I just did some real FAST research. Emphasis on fast. First our scoring differential is 13.8 pts. I know that seems high, but heck yesterday we won by 12. Pitt spread ended up 6.
There are no SU 75 MSU 73's in there.
A couple contexts , how good they are is ambiguous, is we are 20th. There are a lot of good, not REAL good teams ahead of us. This should probably be 2 dimensional. OOC and IC. Will put the cupcake blowouts if any in perspective.
Second, I went back to the last undefeated team Indiana. 32-0. Outscored opponents by 517 pts, 16.2 pts per game, not that much different than us. Not sure how that fit in with the time, but I remember on our upward climb thru the ECAC we routinely beat the Lafayettes, Colgates, Niagaras, Fordhams by a lot before we "outgrew" them. A note they beat Wiscy by 54 in a game. Beat Kentucky by 20.
I think our season to date is a reasonable expectation of a top 3 ranked team. Remember how it was on the other end, how these kind of teams (MSU 2000) you'd get so close and they'd find a way to win. I also remember the UNLV's and PhiSlammaJamma's of the world, nuking everyone and falling flat at the very end.
I see what you are getting at, although that 16.2 differential by 32-0 Indiana becomes a bit more daunting when you factor in no 3-point shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom