The Bad News | Syracusefan.com

The Bad News

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Our record against ACC opponents, since 2013-14 when we joined the ACC (53-47) according to orangehoops.org.

Traditional ACC
UNC (1-7)
Virginia (2-5)
Duke (3-5)
NC State (3-3)
Ga Tech (3-4)
Clemson (4-2)
Wake (6-1)

Traditional Big East
Pitt (5-6)
BC (7-3)

Less Traditional Big East
Louisville (2-3)
Notre Dame (4-2)
Va Tech (5-1)

Leonard Hamilton Division
Miami (4-3)
Florida State (4-2)

Yikes! UNC has absolutely owned us, winning 7 straight. We focus on Duke, but I'll take a win over UNC this season please. Anyway I post this not to start another round of JB bashing, but because I'm frustrated over the last 5 years and this one does not look to be headed in a different direction based on our inability yesterday to win a game that we are really going to regret having lost when selection time comes.

We’re under .500 against perennial bottom feeder Tech lol.

UNC has beat us 7 times in a row.

Since that 12-0 start to ACC play in 2014, it’s 41-47.

This program has faded and it’s been a difficult transition to the ACC. Every time we hope we’re improving and heading in the righ direction, reality strikes that back down. We’re a mediocre, middle of the pack program. Until changes are made, that’s unlikely to change.

our inability yesterday to win a game that we are really going to regret having lost when selection time comes.

Based on where the team is now, there is almost no chance to get into the tournament.

But the records you posted for ACC results show why ACC opponents consider the Orange just another team.
Average...nothing special...notwithstanding the two recent Final Four appearances.
Unfortunately, they're right.

A great program?
Not in Duke, UNC, UVA's league.

It's looking more and more that the Big East led to us being great and the ACC led to our mediocrity (or less).

Maybe we just need more length - like, we used to have length that was good enough for Big East play, but maybe we need to get longer to compete in the ACC. And shoot more threes. But recruit less shooters while focusing primarily on getting longer. And stop recruiting PGs and SGs. Just SFs that can play PG and SG.

SGs that play PG aren't working out so great. Go bigger at the PG position. Length. We need more length.

That's all I got.

Maybe we just need more length - like, we used to have length that was good enough for Big East play, but maybe we need to get longer to compete in the ACC. And shoot more threes. But recruit less shooters while focusing primarily on getting longer. And stop recruiting PGs and SGs. Just SFs that can play PG and SG.

SGs that play PG aren't working out so great. Go bigger at the PG position. Length. We need more length.

That's all I got.

imagine if we started five 6’10 180 lb dudes .. coach would splooge over the prospect of the zone coverage .. as for offense ..all we need to replicate our current level of play is just make sure one of the 6’10 dudes can dribble for 28 seconds and the other 4 are able to take wild threes with 2 seconds on the shot clock

Now give me the good news

I think scales have fallen from eyes even for some of the most stubborn on this board.

But that would be good news only if it were to provide impetus for change. I don’t see that being the case.

UNC's bigs just play volleyball against the zone

That's all I got.
I don't have my glasses on. Is this sarcasm font?

Since that 12-0 start to ACC play in 2014, it’s 41-47.

This program has faded and it’s been a difficult transition to the ACC. Every time we hope we’re improving and heading in the righ direction, reality strikes that back down. We’re a mediocre, middle of the pack program. Until changes are made, that’s unlikely to change.
. SU lost its identity and BE swagger. We've been punked by the traditional ACC powers as we became a big fish in THEIR pond. We are middling ACC program since we've joined. It sucks as its likely to continue. This is how NC State must have felt for its existence. we are basically Bizzaro NC State

I think we've been spiraling down since the media started to ask JB when he was going to step down. Not sure why but recruiting slowed down, maybe the better players were worried he would leave or whatever but that seems around the time our troubles started 5-8 years ago..

I dont think theres a soul on the board who finds it acceptable

. SU lost its identity and BE swagger. We've been punked by the traditional ACC powers as we became a big fish in THEIR pond. We are middling ACC program since we've joined. It sucks as its likely to continue. This is how NC State must have felt for its existence. we are basically Bizzaro NC State

Well you know a lot of cliches, so you have that going for you.

Honestly JB not retiring and becoming more comfortable with the status quo is really hurting the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom