The Ben Schwartzwalder Trophy should not be an object to win or lose | Syracusefan.com

The Ben Schwartzwalder Trophy should not be an object to win or lose

CaliCuse

All American
It belongs in Syracuse's trophy showroom done and final. Make up another piece of jewelry but the original should be ours. He was our HOF coach. Old Ben may have lived in WV and gone to school there. So what ? He is the coach that brought in and coached the greats Brown, Davis Little Mackey, Csonka. We honor him not put him on the table as "stakes" in a game.:bat:

Good timing with this win because there is a chance it will be sitting in our trophy room for a very long time.

It belongs in Syracuse's trophy showroom done and final. Make up another piece of jewelry but the original should be ours. He was our HOF coach. Old Ben may have lived in WV and gone to school there. So what ? He is the coach that brought in and coached the greats Brown, Davis Little Mackey, Csonka. We honor him not put him on the table as "stakes" in a game.:bat:

It was created in '93 specifically for this game.

I have long since forgotten that but I think a tribute to ben is something we do here and make it permanent.;)

I say put a bust of him somewhere. I don't know if there's a great place in the Dome to do it, but I'd love for it to be where fans would see it.