The BEST Orange Hoops reference site. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The BEST Orange Hoops reference site.

Every time I drive by an Applebee's I wonder if he's sitting st the bar enjoying a tall cold one that happens to be half the price of dome beer.

A lot cheaper than Dave and Busters too!

Maybe you should study it more closely, before making baseless assertions of your own.

I agree. I am as susceptible to misperceptions as anyone.
I respect the due diligence of most posters on the board.

On the other hand there is no shortage of shooting from the hip around here either.
Quite subject to mood swings regarding player value after a bad game or two.

Sometimes I feel the pull of that bandwagon ride ( UConn and Oregon games),
But I resist labeling a player as unredeemable and unworthy of playing time.

Seems a bit disloyal to me and usually an inappropriate judgement based on the overall body of work.

Last edited:
I agree. I am as susceptible to misperceptions as anyone.
I respect the due diligence of most posters on the board.

On the other hand there is no shortage of shooting from the hip around here either.
Quite subject to mood swings regarding player value after a bad game or two.

Sometimes I feel the pull of that bandwagon ride ( UConn and Oregon games),
But I resist labeling a player as unredeemable and unworthy of playing time.

Seems a bit disloyal to me and usually an inappropriate judgement based on the overall body of work.

Good post -- agree 100%.

Why repost the exact link that is in the OP of the thread?

The original post is a year old.
How far back should I research before I post something to ensure it hadn't been previously referenced?

Besides, it's a good reminder that this resource exists.

If you want to have robust conversations on this forum, people need to dial back the nit picky BS.

I've been a lurker for years but only posted a handful of times because people can be real jerks around here to new blood.

Last edited:
Couple takeaways:

1) It's been 9 years and counting since we've had a 40% 3pt shooter.
2) We've only had 10 players eclipse that mark since the 3 point line was introduced. Some teams have 10 players on their current roster that can do this. We need to enter the modern era.

Couple takeaways:

2) We've only had 10 players eclipse that mark since the 3 point line was introduced. Some teams have 10 players on their current roster that can do this. We need to enter the modern era.

#1 isn't even remotely accurate / true.

Couple takeaways:

Just off the top of my head Andrew White.

Thought G and CJ Fair did as well.

Couple takeaways:

Lydon, White and Gillion all in the same year.

If you polled this entire board and asked the question "who has the highest rebound per game average in program history by a huge margin?" how many people correctly guess Jon Cincebox? Maybe 1%?

My bad - should've read more carefully.

That Gillon team was such a disappointment defensively.

I think they just got a late start on working as a team. Defense was awful but we really did well in some ACC games where you could tell they were starting to "get it".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom