The "best team in america when healthy" | Syracusefan.com

The "best team in america when healthy"

They still have as much of a chance as any in the tournament. This wouldn't be the first Izzo team to underperform during the regular season and then turn it on in the NCAA tournament.

I think one of their guards had a hangnail, so this loss doesn't count.

lolol...pretty much. Soooooo...should the tourney now evaluate them solely on how bad they appear AT full strength?

They're a 2-4 team under that evaluation - probably shouldn't make the tourney at all.

That was a heck of a game today!

Yeah, OSU missing free throws, MSU coming through in the clutch, and ummm, turning it over a lot? :)

MSU is so overrated it hurts.

Lost again at full strength

I swear lets just play kansas and sparty and get this over with
Ekk. I had a dream months ago we lost to Kansas in the tournament.

F Kansas but I would rather avoid Izzo in March if possible.

Izzo has been to 6 Final Fours. He's also not made it past the first weekend 5 times. You never know.

Coaches provide a foundation for consistent success but the players have to take it beyond that.

That demarcation clearly belongs to Syracuse or Arizona. Honestly didn't expect this thread to be about Sparty when I opened it.

If SU went 5-7 in their last 12, most "experts" would have them in the "Last 4 out".

Izzo may be the greatest coach of all time, but mediocre is mediocre.

Really? There is a precedent...SU lost 7 of 12 to end the regular season last year and we were a 4 seed.

Grant played great. He's obviously the missing piece from our offense.

I am a little disappointed with Roberson. I thought being NJ POY and all his talent he would be as good as Grant as a freshmen. I think Roberson will turn out to be a 2 or 3 year project. I think he has all the potential in the world. But it's not showing this year. It's probably all in his head. Hopefully his sophomore and junior year's he get's his head under control.

Hence the quotes. It is a sarcasm thread
upload_2014-3-10_10-4-53.jpeg

Tom Izzo "The most Overrated Coach in America when healthy"

Not sure what his record is against the other top coaches (Roy, JB, K, Pitino), but I know it's not good.

Really? There is a precedent...SU lost 7 of 12 to end the regular season last year and we were a 4 seed.

Point taken, however I was being facetious.

Reactions: 007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom