The Big 12 is one messed-up conference... | Syracusefan.com

The Big 12 is one messed-up conference...

cto

Administrator
Forget about Baylor for a minute, and read this article by a UConn beat reporter. (The UConn media hoard follows Big 12 news because of their continuing search for a P-5 conference). This is a pretty good look at a dysfunctional group trying to stay together (and it doesn't even mention the mess at Baylor).

Jeff Jacobs: Big 12 Expansion? More Like An Implosion

Last edited:
Forget about Baylor for a minute, and read this article by a UConn beat reporter. (The UConn media hoard follows Big 12 news because of their continuing search for a P-5 conference). This is a pretty good look at a dysfunctional group trying to stay together (and it doesn't even mention the mess at Baylor).

Jeff Jacobs: Big 12 Expansion? More Like An Implosion

I'm not sure what's sadder, UCONN/BIG 12 thinking this is a good idea even a little bit OR that article.

Well that'll make your head spin.

It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then - Lewis Carroll.

Well, I suspect that today's news will turn off Huskies fans to the Big 12 for a short time anyway. Look for a big internet push for UCONN to the B1G to start up in a few weeks. Gotta use that Warde Manuel connection now that Texas has thrown cold water on the wishful thinkers of Storrs.

I think this would be a perfect fit for the Con Artists.

IMHO...,UCONN's best option is to become team 16 when ND finally decided to join the ACC full time.

IMHO...,UCONN's best option is to become team 16 when ND finally decided to join the ACC full time.

I think it's their only option.

And I think the ACC will look for a football brand over a hoops brand. In my opinion, they'd ask WVU to leave the B12 mess before they'd settle on UConn.

I think it's their only option.

And I think the ACC will look for a football brand over a hoops brand. In my opinion, they'd ask WVU to leave the B12 mess before they'd settle on UConn.
Isn't WVU locked in by the Big XII GOR? :confused:

Why would Texas automatically go west to the Pac 12? If the ACC wants a football power, and the B12 implodes, you gotta at least ask Texas if they want to come aboard with ND, right?

Isn't WVU locked in by the Big XII GOR? :confused:

When does it end?

ND is in no hurry to join the ACC full time. And the ACC is in no hurry to have them make their decision.

When does it end?

ND is in no hurry to join the ACC full time. And the ACC is in no hurry to have them make their decision.
the bevo is so Fd up, they just might let the mountaineers walk, because 'wv is too far for texas to go to sometimes

for the ACC, id rank em

1. wv
2. cincy

3. storz st

When does it end?

It runs through the 2024-25 school year.

Love to see the UMutts squirm in CR purgatory, but I agree they'd be the best fit for #16.

the bevo is so Fd up, they just might let the mountaineers walk, because 'wv is too far for texas to go to sometimes

for the ACC, id rank em

1. wv
2. cincy

3. storz st

That is too high. I would put it:

1. Texas

2. WV
3. Cincy

4. Temple

5. UConn

That is too high. I would put it:

1. Texas

2. WV
3. Cincy

4. Temple

5. UConn
ill give you that.

philly would be a ok with me.

in addition to the football game, we may even get the ACCT there in the rotation.

Greensboro or Charlotte or wherever NC
NYC
DC
Philly

3 great spots and multiple crappy ones in NC

HRE Otto IV said:
That is too high. I would put it: 1. Texas 2. WV 3. Cincy 4. Temple 5. UConn

I'd give ND until the start of football season to declare they are joining the conference as a full member and let them pick the team they want to bring or they get bounced. Then invite WVU and uconn and be done with it.

Then invite WVU and uconn and be done with it.
Yukon over Cincy? I don't believe that's a slam dunk.
Cincy is the perfect travel partner for Louisville... especially if ND is ditched (your scenario).