The Big 12 is one messed-up conference... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Big 12 is one messed-up conference...

the bevo is so Fd up, they just might let the mountaineers walk, because 'wv is too far for texas to go to sometimes

for the ACC, id rank em

1. wv
2. cincy

3. storz st
Ridiculous. Once again you overrate UConn

Moontan said:
Yukon over Cincy? I don't believe that's a slam dunk. Cincy is the perfect travel partner for Louisville... especially if ND is ditched (your scenario).

I'm fine with that and Cincy may be the better choice over uconn.

I would think that because UT has their own network that they would be a ND style addition. All sports except for football join and football stays independent with the Longhorn network.

I would think that because UT has their own network that they would be a ND style addition. All sports except for football join and football stays independent with the Longhorn network.
The other 3 remaining power conferences would force ND and UT to join a conference or be locked out of the CFP. 10 more years of the current CFP system... then things could change (expand to 6, or 8, or if the not-so-big-XII collapses P4 champions only).

The other 3 remaining power conferences would force ND and UT to join a conference or be locked out of the CFP. 10 more years of the current CFP system... then things could change (expand to 6, or 8, or if the not-so-big-XII collapses P4 champions only).
A guru on our board said Texas was offered the deal we gave to ND before it was offered to ND, but turned it down. They won't turn it down a second time. It's pretty obvious Boren is not a happy camper. He comes across as being increasingly less tolerant of what Texas is doing to the conference. UT and OU will play each other forever, but it increasingly looks like that it won't necessarily be a Big XII game for much longer. The GoR disappears if the conference votes to dissolve.

I don't think that there will be a requirement to be a conference champion to get into the playoffs because the SEC is firmly convinced that they can somehow, someway, someday get 2 teams into the playoffs. And since they can't have 2 champions, ...

A guru on our board said Texas was offered the deal we gave to ND before it was offered to ND, but turned it down. They won't turn it down a second time. It's pretty obvious Boren is not a happy camper. He comes across as being increasingly less tolerant of what Texas is doing to the conference. UT and OU will play each other forever, but it increasingly looks like that it won't necessarily be a Big XII game for much longer. The GoR disappears if the conference votes to dissolve.

I don't think that there will be a requirement to be a conference champion to get into the playoffs because the SEC is firmly convinced that they can somehow, someway, someday get 2 teams into the playoffs. And since they can't have 2 champions, ...
ND is all set for their schedule.

If Texas only has 6 "ACC" games, with one of them likely against ND. Where are the other 6 coming from? 0U, possibly aTm down the road... but who else? As an independent without the availability of a championship game, they'd need to find at least 2-3 more P-4 games every year... good luck! With the disappearance of the Big XII all the other P4 programs will be looking for similar games from a depleted pool of candidates (assuming that 0U heads to the B1G then that pool will have shrunk by 8 schools).

The complete failure of the LHN, shows Texas is only important in Texas, and everyone else could care less. Texas was saved by the Big 8, when the SWC blew up. The 8 members of the original Big 8 were Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas St, Colorado, and Iowa St. Notice 3 of those colleges jumped ship along with one of the 4 Texas schools that were added to make the Big 12, Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, and Texas A@M. Would much rather have Oklahoma, much better football pedigree, and would be less of a problem.