The Big Attendance Story | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Big Attendance Story

I hear you, but where does Colgate fit in your theory. 21,085 last year; 25,519 this year.
Everyone pre-season expected Duke and UNC to be their usual dominant selves, setting up That proving to be false, if you are correct, then we can expect ticket sales to plummet next year

I think that's a satisfactory answer.

Here is another interesting observation on attendance. About 5 years ago, the BE moved from assigning us 8 home games per year to 9. However, total games played at the Dome (excluding exhibitions) have typically been held to 19 per year (OC games thus changed from 11 to 10). In the ACC we are back to 8 conference home games, but total home games are down this year to 18. This surprises me.

24,566 x (average ticket price) = a lot of dough to pass up.

We lost one with our trip to Maui. It's unusual that we play three non-conference games away from the Dome; with New York tournaments it's typically two.

We lost one with our trip to Maui. It's unusual that we play three non-conference games away from the Dome; with New York tournaments it's typically two.

Interesting. "We lost one with our trip to Maui." Is it regulated?

Everyone pre-season expected Duke and UNC to be their usual dominant selves, setting up That proving to be false, if you are correct, then we can expect ticket sales to plummet next year

Plummet? maybe decline. My definition of plummet is, oh, 5K or more reduction. I doubt it will be that much.

We also have to consider how SU plans on selling tickets next year. That too could factor in attendance.

Interesting. "We lost one with our trip to Maui." Is it regulated?

Yep, we can't play more than 31 total games. As you noted, SU doesn't like to give up home revenue, so we'll try not to travel for non-conference games. We'll make an exception for the random aircraft carrier game or Maui.

This year we're short on home games, though, because we had both Maui and a road game at St. John's. (Last year we offset the aircraft carrier and the road SEC game with that faux-tournament that only required us to play one game at the Garden.)

In the ACC we are back to 8 conference home games, .
there are 9 home ACC games this year. There will always be an even number of total games and an equal home/away split

Home
  1. Miami
  2. UNC
  3. Pitt
  4. Duke
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Clemson
  7. NCSU
  8. BC
  9. Ga. Tech

Away
  1. VPI
  2. BC
  3. Miama
  4. Wake
  5. Pitt
  6. Duke
  7. UMD
  8. UVA
  9. FSU

OttoMets - that explains it very well, thanks.

TexasCPA - That is an aborted post you are quoting, part of which didn't erase, but your point is well taken.

moqui - OttoMets has explained the 18 home games very well. My bad - it was the OC games at the Dome that were down, not ACC as you point out.

Switch to the ACC brings a whole new slate of interesting, new opponents, and people didn't know the league would be as down as it is preseason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom