The Big Lie Exposed again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Big Lie Exposed again

To everyone complaining about the "lies" and "exaggerations", please forward a link to your current resume so we can compare.

Chucks add about an inch and that's without a 'heel' or drop to them. Most basketball shoes nowadays have a slight heel/drop, which adds some more height.

Chucks add an inch???

This doesn’t seem right. I wear them when I lift. I want as much contact with the floor as possible when I squat and deadlift, without being barefooted. Chucks are perfect for it.

Really relatively irrelevant. You can play or not, if Battle is truly 6'5" and not 6'6" it doesn't change whether he can play or not. Scouts get all wound up about measurements because its something they can objectively measure and it balances the fact that they suck at evaluating talent and ability.
This is the truth.
I have told this story before, but my roommate was typically listed as 7’0”. He used to say he was really 6’11”. Either way I needed a stool to see the top of his head. Either way, he still rotated with a stronger player who had a better inside game and was 6’8” or maybe 6’9”. The real story is that while waiting for both of them in the Dome corridor under the lower tier outside the locker room after a Georgetown game, all 5’11” of me, (6’0” in shoes) was able to see the top of 6’3” Allen Iverson’s head as he and his team walked by to their bus. He wasn’t 6’3”, but that didn’t suddenly mean I could take him. If anything, it made his abilities that much more impressive.

This is the truth.
I have told this story before, but my roommate was typically listed as 7’0”. He used to say he was really 6’11”. Either way I needed a stool to see the top of his head. Either way, he still rotated with a stronger player who had a better inside game and was 6’8” or maybe 6’9”. The real story is that while waiting for both of them in the Dome corridor under the lower tier outside the locker room after a Georgetown game, all 5’11” of me, (6’0” in shoes) was able to see the top of 6’3” Allen Iverson’s head as he and his team walked by to their bus. He wasn’t 6’3”, but that didn’t suddenly mean I could take him. If anything, it made his abilities that much more impressive.
Iverson was an absolute freak.

Chucks add an inch???

This doesn’t seem right. I wear them when I lift. I want as much contact with the floor as possible when I squat and deadlift, without being barefooted. Chucks are perfect for it.

Chucks are good for lifting because of the firm, flat sole. That doesn't mean it's - insole factored in - not increasing your height by about an inch. Zero drop, 'barefoot' running shoes still tend to increase your height at least a half inch, and those types of shoes have thinnest soles I'm aware of.

"Length" is more important than height anyway. How high can they reach and how high can they jump?

"Length" is more important than height anyway. How high can they reach and how high can they jump?

And all these years I’ve been told size doesn’t matter.

This is the truth.
Otis Hill and J B Reafsnyder?

I just can’t take the lies!!!! First...JFK, then David Blaine’s levitation...and now this!!! What is this world coming to??!!!

Chucks add an inch???

Subject change incoming... you still do powerlifting programs? Curious how you set up your week to week rep and weight schemes

I went through the entire last four years of my life believing that Greyson was a 6'5'' dukebag. Now I find out he is only a 6'3'' dukebag. Seriously, this is some incredible reporting. I now look at the world differently.

Subject change incoming... you still do powerlifting programs? Curious how you set up your week to week rep and weight schemes

For nearly two years now it’s been off and on. Started with a pulled hamstring running sprints. That set me back that summer, then moved to the high school to teach so I could become the head coach of the boys and girls teams (girls play in the spring in NC). So the change in routine and the time it requires made consistency difficult. With offseason workouts in the winter and summer, it is a year-round position. When I would get going I was overzealous and ultimately ended up with a nagging injury (usually shoulder or thoracic spine) that requires time off.

Short answer? No. But I’m slowly getting back again after 3 months completely off. Full body routine or push/pull to get the frequency and prime the nervous system to get the base level of strength back. I’m going to be 37 this summer, and my joints and soft tissue can’t take the repeated stress and beatings. So I’m going to look at keeping the weight lighter and increase the time under tension, and see how my body responds. I’ve got to learn to train the muscle and not the ego.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom