The Big picture | Syracusefan.com

The Big picture

SWC75

Bored Historian
Take a look at the image of Dustin Hoffman in this thread:

Onsides complaints are idiotic

I didn't post it but I frequently find an image that would make an editorial point for me and find that the image that appears is much bigger than it needs to be. That use of space probably isn't good for the board technologically and it's kind of overpowering for a conversation.

is there a way, once you have pasted an image, to reduce it's size to something more manageable and subtle?

Take a look at the image of Dustin Hoffman in this thread:

Onsides complaints are idiotic

I didn't post it but I frequently find an image that would make an editorial point for me and find that the image that appears is much bigger than it needs to be. That use of space probably isn't good for the board technologically and it's kind of overpowering for a conversation.

is there a way, once you have pasted an image, to reduce it's size to something more manageable and subtle?
That image was uploaded as a file. Images uploaded as files can be maintained as the user sees fit using an image editor. They can be resized pretty easily.

Also, for uploaded files, you have the option to load the image full sized or as a thumbnail.

That image was uploaded as a file. Images uploaded as files can be maintained as the user sees fit using an image editor. They can be resized pretty easily.

Also, for uploaded files, you have the option to load the image full sized or as a thumbnail.

I just google an image and copy and paste. Sometimes the image turns out to be bigger than I want. I right-click on it and get these options:

Open image in a new tab
Save image
Coy Image
Copy Image address
Search Google for image
Paste
Select all
Spellcheck
Writing direction
Impact

What do I click on to resize the image?

Or are you saying this site, (unlike Microsoft Outlook) has no such capability and I have to download an image editor and resize it there first?

I just google an image and copy and paste. Sometimes the image turns out to be bigger than I want. I right-click on it and get these options:

Open image in a new tab
Save image
Coy Image
Copy Image address
Search Google for image
Paste
Select all
Spellcheck
Writing direction
Impact

What do I click on to resize the image?

Or are you saying this site, (unlike Microsoft Outlook) has no such capability and I have to download an image editor and resize it there first?
This site currently does not have the ability to re-size a linked image when you link to it.

It looks like there might be an add-on that would allow that to happen, but you would still have to specify the size you want the image to be shown at.

This site currently does not have the ability to re-size a linked image when you link to it.

It looks like there might be an add-on that would allow that to happen, but you would still have to specify the size you want the image to be shown at.

I just did a successful experiment. I found i could copy my image onto WORD and resize it there, then copy that and paste it here. Problem solved! Thanks.

su+football+team+runs+out.jpg

upload_2017-9-26_12-48-39.png

I just did a successful experiment. I found i could copy my image onto WORD and resize it there, then copy that and paste it here. Problem solved! Thanks.

su+football+team+runs+out.jpg

View attachment 110881
Nice uniforms! We should get some of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom