the Boston College game changes the color of the last few | Syracusefan.com

the Boston College game changes the color of the last few

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
games. If we had won the B.C. game, everyone would be mad about losing the unbeaten season the way we lost it. And in that light, we would view tonight as a tough game against a team that had one loss at home all season and had only lost by 1 to duke. And we did it without Grant. Well, we did lose to B.C. and now we have the feel of a team that is tired and just hanging on. I suggest that we are all seeing this stuff in the wrong lens. We won tonight. We really could have won saturday at a place no one wins. We will be fine. We are 26-2.

games. If we had won the B.C. game, evertyone would be mad about losing the unbeaten season the way we lost it. And In that light, we would view tonight as a tough game against a team that had one loss at home all season and had only lost by 1 to duke. And we did it without Grant. Well, we did lose to B.C. and not we have the feel of a team that is tired and just hanging on. I suggest that we are all seeing this stuff in the wrong lens. We won tonight. We really could have won saturday ata place no one wins. We will be fine. We are 26-2.

Nice perspective, Dasher.

This game had an eerily similar feel as the BC game. I'm just happy we won.

Valid points but I didn't see is running the table undefeated in the regular season.

Despite how good we are I didn't think we would win at Duke. With that being said I think we blow UVA out of the water!

How salty are the boys on Tobacco Rd going to be when we win the regular season ACC Championship in year one!

games. If we had won the B.C. game, everyone would be mad about losing the unbeaten season the way we lost it. And in that light, we would view tonight as a tough game against a team that had one loss at home all season and had only lost by 1 to duke. And we did it without Grant. Well, we did lose to B.C. and now we have the feel of a team that is tired and just hanging on. I suggest that we are all seeing this stuff in the wrong lens. We won tonight. We really could have won saturday at a place no one wins. We will be fine. We are 26-2.

That BC loss is the only reason we dropped to 4
Win that and we only drop 1 spot, maybe none

Blue shorts. You deserved to lose. Admit it. The truth shall set you free.

Good post Dash. Keep trying. In another few years, by the time you are 30, you could be quite the poster.

Anyways. This season of 58-55 games was a sign of strength when we were clutch in every game and undefeated. With the loss to a very, very weak BC team, that kevlar
shield of toughness now looks more like tissue paper, ready to get ripped by any half-assed Maryland type team. I'm impressed with how the team continues to skate by to wins with a thin bench challenged by injuries, but without further signs of stepping up and looking strong, I think our chances in the NCAA are not good.

We played as bad as we looked, no doubt about that.

That's because your haberdasher sucks. Since I feel soooo badly about that charge call, I'm going to give to a little (well maybe more than a little) free advice:

1. Orange. That's your color. You should use it whenever possible. For example, when Clemson comes for a visit, you should wear orange tops, orange helmets (if applicable), orange shorts, with dark orange lettering, and voila!!, Clemson will be reduced to a blubbering mass of purple and white.
2. Blue. OK, so that's your other color. But, in the ACC [basketball], that means war. No wonder BC saw blood in the water.
3. Virginia. I just don't know how you are going to sort that out.

Last edited:
I said the same thing in the 'Must Win' thread.

Whether that means people are being too pessimistic now, or they'd be too optimistic if Rak's shot vs BC falls however I think is up for debate. B freaking C at home should not be close. That and the NC St games were just bad.

But ya it does cause people to put a more negative spin than they should on these Pitt/Dook/Maryland games - there's no question about that.

No matter what, the ACC regular season title is going to be a blue-orange-orange-blue disaster. I just don't see any way around that.

the Virginia game will tell the tale. Four days between games for everyone to get healthy and for Ennis to calm (what I think might be his) mental fatigue. Four days to review the recent spotty performances; four days to prepare for the regular season title game. Beat Virginia at Virginia and the #1 seed in the East is locked up.

No excuses come Saturday.

Yes, but the team in orange will be winning this game...

That's what I'm thinking too, which is why I expect UVa to come out in orange. Then Syracuse will have to wear either a) blue shorts, or b) something else because blue shorts would be so awkward.

That's what I'm thinking too, which is why I expect UVa to come out in orange. Then Syracuse will have to wear either a) blue shorts, or b) something else because blue shorts would be so awkward.

Dislike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom