texascpa

Living Legend
Marrone and Nassib to the Bills

last post on the page.

Today, 12:36 AM #40
Jeremy1
user-offline.png

I hate to say "I told you so"...but, I told you so

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Bills are interested in 'Cuse HC Doug Marrone

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Cleveland Browns' HC and also will interview for Buffalo Bills' HC.
What did I tell you all two days ago?... that the Bills were very interested in 'Cuse HC Doug Marrone

see thread here: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...use-game-today

Now my update...I followed with my source, and the Bills are pushing hard for Marrone, and if successful, they are drafting Nassib...

I'm telling you boys, all the chips are in the middle of the table, and the Bills are doubling down for Marrone & Nassib.

Those of you who have seen my previous post know that I'm pretty much spot on when it comes to my inside sources.​

Sobering news. I am no expert on the city of Buffalo, but I know bologna is big there. They sold fried bologna sandwiches in the arena formerly known as HSBC. You can get them at their AAA stadium and many other Buffalo area restaurants. I have a video review below, done by Syracuse Skychiefs voice Jason Benetti (I believe).

Fried Bologna at the Ballpark

Fried bologna is very Doug Marrone. Perhaps if we add fried bologna sandwiches to the concession menu at the Dome, it will be the key to convince him to stay here.

it would be a hard sell to buffalo fans to bring in a coach with no pro head coach experience and expect a qb from SU to lead them? they have been a long time waiting for a coach to lead them to the playoffs. I would think a proven coach would have to be step 1 and step 2..

Seeing Doug on gameday vs the hillbillies I noticed a certain calm about him...I thought it was confidence or just being in a bowl atmosphere but now I'm not so sure he wasn't just getting ready to leave. I hate when people parse into silly statements or body language and I admit I'm being hypocritical but my large gut tells me he's ready to leave. I hope I'm wrong and will gladly admit it if he stays.

if the bills take nassib at 72.....theyre nuts.

if marrone is the coach, he gets fired in 3 years.

take him at 102.

yes, im ignoring the ridiculousness of him going at 8 or 40.

ESPN saying he's been endorsed as a good candidate by Bill Parcells, Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis

Hackett has Buff experience, too. I could see all three heading there as a package.

if the bills take nassib at 72.....theyre nuts.

if marrone is the coach, he gets fired in 3 years.

take him at 102.

yes, im ignoring the ridiculousness of him going at 8 or 40.

Yeah because he'll throw as many picks as Fitzpatrick ... say what you will but Nassib at 72 is a hell of a lot better than what they have now ... is he Payton Manning ... nope, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was a better pro than Fitzpatrick.

I got to think at least 10 coaches told Buffalo to f off when the had to settle for Gailey. Since Chan was so old and past it Marrone would be a much better hire. It might be tough for the Bills to get a coach to agree to go there. I would hope Marrone just takes the positive attention if offered and then tells them no.

And as much as I like Nassib he's nothing like Brees who DM had and brings different things are you sure Marrone would want him for his QB in the pros? I'd rather find a guy who can play like Brees and recreate that type of offense. And thats sort of the 1 negative about Nassib is he seems like more of a throwback QB than a Brees/Rodgers/Brady type (he's maybe a Big Ben-lite?) If I am DM I want my NFL offense to look like New Orleans as opposed to what he just won with at Cuse.

ESPN saying he's been endorsed as a good candidate by Bill Parcells, Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis
I found that part of the story rather odd. Not sure I've seen references listed in a news story like that.

I found that part of the story rather odd. Not sure I've seen references listed in a news story like that.
Yes its a good point Jake, goes back to your original post about leverage. Trying to really build up his qualifications

Russ Brandon can not sell Marrone to the fanbase. I think the bills really want Chip Kelly.

Sobering news. I am no expert on the city of Buffalo, but I know bologna is big there. They sold fried bologna sandwiches in the arena formerly known as HSBC. You can get them at their AAA stadium and many other Buffalo area restaurants. I have a video review below, done by Syracuse Skychiefs voice Jason Benetti (I believe).

Fried Bologna at the Ballpark

Fried bologna is very Doug Marrone. Perhaps if we add fried bologna sandwiches to the concession menu at the Dome, it will be the key to convince him to stay here.
Sigh. Dougie, we hardly knew ye.

Russ Brandon can not sell Marrone to the fanbase. I think the bills really want Chip Kelly.
If what I've read is true, they'll have to outspend the Iggs for him. That being said, I believe your first sentence.

You guys are freaking out because a guy on a bills message board claims the bills are going all in on Marrone and Nassib? A guy with all of 172 posts (indicating he isn't exactly a long standing and respected member of their board) on top of it?

On top of it, nobody in bills country has committed to Nassib at this point. They have no coaching staff and no FO, scouting staff, or even an offensive scheme. Hell even if they do go for Marrone, maybe he doesn't want Nassib to run his NFL offense? So there is no way that at least 1/2 of this guys post is true, and quite possibly all of it.

Way to over reactive around here right now, just let things play out...

Do not doubt the ability of an ESM grad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom