The Cameran crazies | Syracusefan.com

The Cameran crazies

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Look pretty ridiculous jumping up and down the whole game lol. F Duke are getting their normal home cooking from the refs. Im so glad we clap instead of jumping up and down .

Did anyone see the 60 year old guy jumping up and down at Cameron sat. That is a little too much.

ESPN has the background noise so loud . Again. Hard to hear the announcers

ESPN has the background noise so loud . Again. Hard to hear the announcers
I was going to say, “You seem to think that’s a bad thing,” but then I remembered Sean McDonough is a part of the SU plot to take over sports broadcasting in America. So ... :(

IMG_0945.JPG

All 7 of them!?

That's the capacity of Cameron, right? 7 poeople?

All 7 of them!?

That's the capacity of Cameron, right? 7 poeople?
actual capacity is little over 9,000. If you sit behind or near the "crazies" it is a bit loud but seats on the opposite side of the court are more normal. Attended last Syracuse game there two years ago (AMAZING....win, right coach K?) and found the fans , of course all Duke fans, around us very knowledgeable of the team and game plus congratulated us on win. They were all amazed at the rebound show Robertson put on that night. Thing I do not like about Cameron is how nearly impossible it is for fans of the opposing team to get a ticket for a ball game.

I’m not saying they don’t have a good atmosphere, but Duke plays a bit of a camera trick to make it look like the arena is crazier than it actually is:

1) it’s a relatively small arena and they seat the students in the “prime” first 10 rows courtside
2) they flip the camera around to the opposite side it’s normally shot from so you can actually see the students instead of the coaches/benches/scoring table
3) they raise the camera up high so you only see the student section, making it look like the whole arena is going crazy

Realistically any college could do the same thing. If Syracuse wanted to make it look better on TV they could do the following:
- move the students from behind the hoop to the retractable bleacher section
- remove the walkway between the retractable bleachers and the floor seats
- flip the camera from the retractable bleachers to a higher up vantage point in section 200, with only the court and student section in frame

We know it won’t happen because of the disruption that would cause to season ticket holder in the retractable bleachers, but it would definitely make the Dome look better on TV.

All I can say from my limited number of games I've seen there, 1, "The Game"; is that it is a fun place to watch basketball.

I’m not saying they don’t have a good atmosphere, but Duke plays a bit of a camera trick to make it look like the arena is crazier than it actually is:

1) it’s a relatively small arena and they seat the students in the “prime” first 10 rows courtside
2) they flip the camera around to the opposite side it’s normally shot from so you can actually see the students instead of the coaches/benches/scoring table
3) they raise the camera up high so you only see the student section, making it look like the whole arena is going crazy

Realistically any college could do the same thing. If Syracuse wanted to make it look better on TV they could do the following:
- flip the camera from the retractable bleachers to a higher up vantage point in section 200, with only the court and student section in frame

We know it won’t happen because of the disruption that would cause to season ticket holder in the retractable bleachers, but it would definitely make the Dome look better on TV.

There was a time when students did sit on the retractable bleachers.

I wish we would flip the cameras for football so we get the home side and students. Little thing that annoys the heck outta me.

I can't stand dook. My wife and in-laws are all huge dook fans. Ugh.

That said, I take my hat off to them for having such a crazy atmosphere. I'd take jumping up and down over our hand clap thing any day of the week. I love when we're in a drought to start a game and people are standing and clapping for several minutes. It's almost like we're mocking our own team.

Instead, I'd rather see us clap for our defense until the opposing team makes a bucket. Turn it around on them.

I don't like how close the Duke fans are to the opposing team's bench. It's too much.

And the thing I hate most about CBB seems to a happen at Cameran more than anywhere else. And that's when a referee makes a highly animated foul call favoring the home crowd. Referees should not have any emotions when making a call. It's not like they are the talent people paid admissions fees to see. God I hate that.

All the power to them. Approximately 70% of student applicants have SAT scores of 1570 + and only about 9% get accepted. They have to purge years of extreme pressure and stress someway, so be it. :)

I love when we're in a drought to start a game and people are standing and clapping for several minutes. It's almost like we're mocking our own team.

This is the reason that I absolutely HATE the standing and clapping at the start of each half. It's annoying and if they go the first few minutes without scoring you look like an idiot. I don't do it, I refuse.

They love singing pop songs that are 10+ years old

Come on man...what's wrong with that. Look at this dude, not to mention it gets played continuously at NFL games, heard it several times this year alone. :)

I definitely agree that it looks crazier than it is. I don't agree we could do the same with our student section. Our students hardly show up. It's pitiful to look over at our student section. The vast majority are not into the game the way the kids at Duke are, unless of course we're playing a Duke or UNC etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom