The Cav's courting Andrew Bynum | Syracusefan.com

The Cav's courting Andrew Bynum

Agreed. Unlike the TWolves at least these guys appear to have a plan.

Is Bennett better than Porter? I was sort of shocked at that pick. He looks quite a bit heavier now and not sure if he can play the 3.

Bennet's a 4 with range. Typical NBA draft thinking: Porter is a finished product, solid but will never be a star. They hope that Bennet will be a star. The interesting dynamic is that he played no defense at UNLV (nor did anyone else). Mike Brown's a defensive first coach. Will be interesting.

If he went to college, it would've been UCONN.

That tells you all you need to know about his character.

I think Bynum makes perfect sense for Cleveland. Their young guys aren't at the center spot, so he won't take PT from anyone. The deal will be short term so they'll be able to stay flexible financially, and if they get a productive Bynum they suddenly have one of the best frontcourts in the league. This is a good risk/reward gamble for them.

I think Bynum makes perfect sense for Cleveland. Their young guys aren't at the center spot, so he won't take PT from anyone. The deal will be short term so they'll be able to stay flexible financially, and if they get a productive Bynum they suddenly have one of the best frontcourts in the league. This is a good risk/reward gamble for them.

I agree...I think only offering a one yr deal was the smart move.

I agree...I think only offering a one yr deal was the smart move.

Rumor I heard on the radio was a two year deal with the 2nd year being a team option, which to me is even better.

Rumor I heard on the radio was a two year deal with the 2nd year being a team option, which to me is even better.
This is b/c Bynum's health (knees) remains a question. That's why the option on the 2nd year makes sense. But if it works out... it would give the Cavs a playoff-quality front line to go with a pretty good backcourt (with Dion, Kyrie and Jack).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom