The Center Position & How it’s affecting this program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Center Position & How it’s affecting this program

Not to be that guy but even before the Injury the only real good game Sidibe had was against a Pitt team that was horrific and one of the worst in ACC history. Not giving up on the kid by any stretch but hes looked like a non d1 player this year.

He looked good last November. Yes, against weaker teams. But he looked a lot better then than he’s looked this year against weak teams.

He showed some posts moves and ability to score early last season. This board(me included) was incredibly excited.

When my 71-year old mother turns to us at the game today and says that Chukwu and Sidibe aren’t very good, then that says something.

It’s laughable that they keep trying to run a high pick and roll when neither Chukwu or Sidibe have shown on a consistent basis that they can catch an entry pass/lead pass, let alone finish it if they do manage to corral the pass.

It's not just the passes it's all the little things that occur as well. At least a handful of times sidibe or Chukwu was in position to get a board or put in an easy putback but they either lost the ball, dropped it, mishandled it or whiffed completely. We would be laughing our ashes off if Rutty or Uconn were this inept at the 5. We literally can't pass them the ball wide open and have faith they will catch it less score. Sidibe had a layup last game that missed the rim completely.

I love Chukwu. He's a tough kid who plays hard for the team, but he's too frail and he struggles to hold onto the ball. I'd almost prefer to roll with Marek at the 5 for the majority of the game. We really won't have a solution against teams with beef.
Chukwu is the opposite of tough. He's too nice! If a defensive player asked PC for the ball after going up for a rebound Chukwu actually caught - he'd probably give it to him.

JB recruits for the zone. Period. He needs to recruit basketball players and stop trying to convert tall guys.
With JB the zone has become too personal. He needs to run this program like a business even if it means distancing himself from things that are dear to his heart.

What’s everybody concerned about ? Our center position was nearly perfect. They took 1 shot combined and only missed one!

Shooting more and making more. The zone dares you to shoot 3s. As players become better at it you get these results
Sooooo, they shot 58% from 2 today and you think their 3 point shooting was the reason we lost?

Preseason I said one of my biggest factors going into this season was sidibe and notably his health. We know what pc will provide and on offense it is minimal. I was really hoping bourama could be a legit low post threat that we saw at times last year. No clue how his knees are feeling but at this juncture, that’s a long way away.

Sidibe was great against Pitt last year, but it seemed like literally ever rebound fell right to him and there was not one Pitt player near him and he made easy layups.

If he is hurting I'll give him a pass, if he is healthy, he's not a good player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom