Class of 2014 - The Class of 2014... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 The Class of 2014...

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
BOOM.

I love this class. As football season approaches I find myself getting more and more excited. This is an extremely underrated Syracuse football team heading into the second year of HCSS's era. I don't know about the immediate impact of this class, but I can tell there will be some very, very special players that'll develop in the next 4 years.

So for this thread..

Defensive or Offensive, what recruit do you think will have the biggest splash on the hill? I know they're just coming out of high school, but I'm at least getting the sense that we got some MAJOR talent, and some of these kids will find there way to Sunday football if all goes well.

I'm split between Chris Slayton and KJ Williams. I think Slayton was a very underrated grab. The dude is a beast, he literally looks like he was a DE raised by wolves. I think he could be one of our next major talents at the position. I also think KJ Williams will provide us with the first major WR talent we've had since Mike Williams. I know we've had guys like Alec Lemon, and even Sales, but I think KJ will end up on another level.

Hard not to be excited about Ishmael, Phillips, Enoicy, AJ Long, Zaire etc. etc. too.

I really believe that this class of 2014 could bring us back into the top 25 picture eventually. Hopefully 2015 is even better.

Steve Ishmael on offense. I think Ishmael is the only lock at this time not to redshirt on offense.

Colton Moskal. Think he is the sleeper pick to win the starting MIKE job at a true Freshman.

BOOM.

I love this class. As football season approaches I find myself getting more and more excited. This is an extremely underrated Syracuse football team heading into the second year of HCSS's era. I don't know about the immediate impact of this class, but I can tell there will be some very, very special players that'll develop in the next 4 years.

So for this thread..

Defensive or Offensive, what recruit do you think will have the biggest splash on the hill? I know they're just coming out of high school, but I'm at least getting the sense that we got some MAJOR talent, and some of these kids will find there way to Sunday football if all goes well.

I'm split between Chris Slayton and KJ Williams. I think Slayton was a very underrated grab. The dude is a beast, he literally looks like he was a DE raised by wolves. I think he could be one of our next major talents at the position. I also think KJ Williams will provide us with the first major WR talent we've had since Mike Williams. I know we've had guys like Alec Lemon, and even Sales, but I think KJ will end up on another level.

Hard not to be excited about Ishmael, Phillips, Enoicy, AJ Long, Zaire etc. etc. too.

I really believe that this class of 2014 could bring us back into the top 25 picture eventually. Hopefully 2015 is even better.

On offense Denzel Ward will be the man (not this season but before he is drafted, because he will be). On defense I think Dowels will end up being impactful ... But we do have some really talented guys coming in ... I'm so pumped.

Jonathan Thomas. Beast.

Thomas, Moskal, Dowels, Howard, Franklin, Clayton, Williams... the list goes on.

I think that Thomas and Moskal will be laying some NFL level hits by there sophomore/junior years.

I think it's an underrated class. I will be disappointed if it doesn't yield at least 4 first team all ACC players.

I agree (the 1st team thing would be tough due the politics of it) and if 2015 is as good or even better...wow, we will have something pretty dang good going on in that Dome of ours in the fall from here on. I do see some kids getting drafted pretty high in the NFL after their time on the hill if they continue to put in the work.

I'd say Thomas is physically ready for spot time at olb. I bet he sees more time than hodge did as freshman.

Moskal, Franklin, and Thomas all could see time as freshman, IMO, barring they redshirt. This linebacker class could go down as one of the best we ever pulled. WR and QB are stacked too. Overall great class, best in 10 years+.

When you see the schools who offered these kids, I just love this class. Maybe only 6 or so stretches in the class, and they're at least worthwhile stretches. Just hope one of the QB's becomes a star.

We should only be so lucky in 2015.

When you see the schools who offered these kids, I just love this class. Maybe only 6 or so stretches in the class, and they're at least worthwhile stretches. Just hope one of the QB's becomes a star.

We should only be so lucky in 2015.

I think we do even better in '15

I'd say Thomas is physically ready for spot time at olb. I bet he sees more time than hodge did as freshman.

True Thomas is physically ready if looks tell you anything, but remember he is still very raw. He has only been playing football for 2 years. He was a soccer player before that. There is a lot he can improve on technique wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom