The Coaching Carousel begins... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Coaching Carousel begins...

How long before Rick Pitino joins this list?
If he continues his usual level of success, quite awhile, in my opinion.
I have to agree with the Captain. If Pitino leaves Louavul (and I don't think it's likely), he'll resign to take another job, rather than be fired. Some folks have speculated he'd take UNLV.

Im curious which of the coaches on the carousel ever appeared at Carousel Mall? ;)

Francis03 said:
Rutgers might as well just roll the dice with Jay Williams. I mean could they do any better than that? RutgersAl maybe...:rolling:

I'm game for that idea since it'll get him off ESPN.

Despite their best efforts to totally wreck their athletic program, I think this might turn out to be a solid hire. He's not one of those mid major coaches that is cashing in after one good year. He's had several straight good years at Stony Brook so he knows how to build and sustain a program. Now I don't think he'll be winning B1G championships anytime soon but I could see him getting them to middle of the pack in the conference.

So that means OSU can't stand Gottlieb either.
So it came down to a guy that just lead a team to an upset victory in the NCAA and a guy that was shipped out to Spokane to provide commentary on the games. I'd say they made a smart choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom