The committee did Duke no favors | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The committee did Duke no favors

Duke was ranked 9th on the committee's S-Curve, and they somehow got a tougher draw than Syracuse.
South
1. Florida
2. Kansas w/o Embiid first 2 games
3. Syracuse
4. UCLA

vs.
Midwest
1. Wichita State
2. Michigan
3. Duke
4. Louisville

I feel like we have a tougher 2nd round game with Ohio State over UMass potentially if seeds held. However, Mercer is a like more frisky than Western Michigan watching both teams play. Western could beat us, but Mercer would absolute scare the bejeezus out of me.

Where did you find that Duke was ninth ... and if they were shouldn't they be in our spot in the South (based on the S-curve) since Florida is #1 overall? Not sure I'm following this ...

Where did you find that Duke was ninth ... and if they were shouldn't they be in our spot in the South (based on the S-curve) since Florida is #1 overall? Not sure I'm following this ...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...all/24487953/official-ncaa-1-68-seeding-order

1. Florida

2.Arizona

3.Wichita St.

4.Virginia

5.Villanova

6.Michigan

7.Kansas

8.Wisconsin

9.Duke

10. Syracuse

11.Creighton

12. Iowa St.

This list tells me if we beat NC State we are likely a 2 seed, and they are out of the tournament.
If Michigan won they would have been the 1 East, UVA 2 East, Nova 2 Midwest, UCLA 4 Midwest, Michigan St 4 South.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...all/24487953/official-ncaa-1-68-seeding-order

1. Florida

2.Arizona

3.Wichita St.

4.Virginia

5.Villanova

6.Michigan

7.Kansas

8.Wisconsin

9.Duke

10. Syracuse

11.Creighton

12. Iowa St.

This list tells me if we beat NC State we are likely a 2 seed, and they are out of the tournament.
If Michigan won they would have been the 1 East, UVA 2 East, Nova 2 Midwest, UCLA 4 Midwest, Michigan St 4 South.

Thanks, Alsacs - wasn't able to find that list earlier.

The top half of that region is scary with Wich St, Kentucky and Lville, but Duke would only have to play one of those teams. The bottom half for Duke is very manageable. Michigan is not a great 2 IMO

Your entitled to your opinion, but their defense is ranked higher than offense nationally.

Offensively, Michigan averages 75.0ppg which ranks 73rd in the country.
Defensively Michigan gives up 65.5 ppg which ranks 62nd in the country.

Michigan is a really good team that has overcome McGary's loss for the season beyond well.

Very true. Dangerous team. To have been able to survive and play very well sans McGary is a hell of an accomplishment. Stauskas THIS year would destroy us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom