the crane the crane | Page 180 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

View attachment 179478
Not looking to be a productive day.
What a difference two days make!
The weather, (wind/gusts), except for Sunday, then not till Wed. is not great to finish the crown truss - here's the forecast:
Wind / Gusts
Sat. 15 / 22 :(
Sun. 10 / 16 :)
Mon. 21 / 31 :(
Tues. 18 / 32 :( Saturday, Monday and Tuesday are not good for lifting steel.
Wed. 9 / 17 - :)

Last edited:
No stripe. Left that for Starsky and Hutch.
orange torino.jpg

My mother had a light blue one.

The weather, (wind/gusts), except for Sunday, then not till Wed. is not great to finish the crown truss - here's the forecast:
Wind / Gusts
Sat. 15 / 22 :(
Sun. 10 / 16 :)
Mon. 21 / 31 :(
Tues. 18 / 32 :( Saturday, Monday and Tuesday are not good for lifting steel.
Wed. 9 / 17 - :)
Having lived in this area for many years I don't think the university, construction company, fans and even crane gurus can complain about the winter we just had!!

Now every time I read a BillSU post I picture this guy talking:
View attachment 179543
Madsoph44 - my avatar is me. And among other cars my second was a metallic Highland Green Mustang fastback GT 4 speed with the big engine which was a 390 - 325hp then. The car was the same as McQueen's Bullitt car. Didn't have the same wheels or the engine modified for the movie like his was. The car sure did sound wonderful though.

Last edited:
Followed that up with a 1967 Fire engine red camaro. I sure had cool cars when I was a kid!
First car was a '57 Chevy Bel Air coupe, red with the fuel injected engine - first year they offered it. Then a '63 dark blue Fuelie Corvette, then the '68 Mustang. I wish I had put them away somewhere and had them now for sale at one of Mecum's Auctions.

couldnt they come in 481 to 274 and up colvin st to comstock

My bet would be on 481 to Brighton to Ainsley to Jamesville Ave to Comstock. Ainsley is already designed for truck traffic, with the warehouses there. Seems like the easiest way to maneuver such a large load.