the crane the crane

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
My son took this in the way back from class tonightView attachment 188078
Nice picture. There are 4 panels that are open there, which I think brings the number still open to 7. The new PTFE is about 5% more transparent than the old PTFE. Not enough to see the blue sky on a nice day, but that part of the roof should be a little brighter on a sunny day. The hard shell part will of course be a lot darker.

Libero2

All American
So who said PTFE isn’t transparent enough? Judging by the amount of light coming out plenty comes in. Looks like it’s going to be spectacular from inside.

View attachment 188080View attachment 188081
If this is what the dome will look like, maybe we won't need to install external LEDs, the place will glow all on it's own.

upperdeck

Living Legend
I would also think that you could throw some orange inside and it make glow nicely outside. it will be interesting once they throw some colors in there.. Whats to say you couldnt throw some color lighting up from the inside and not really need much outside to make some cool effect

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
Morning update:

Wanted to get some clues as to what to look for regarding the arrival of the field turf, so I looked for video of the last field turf install at the dome. Found it.

So at least in 2015, it came rolled up like the carpet it is, in white bags.

Here is a still from the video with a bunch of the turf still in the bags:

091720a.jpg

Got this screen capture a few minutes ago:

091720b.jpg

So they have turf inside.

Qbobby

As cool as the other side of the pillow
And starting that last part of the roof on the west side. Other than sealing seams and watching things drive in and out of the stadium... I think today is the last day of relevance for this camera. :(

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Morning update:

Wanted to get some clues as to what to look for regarding the arrival of the field turf, so I looked for video of the last field turf install at the dome. Found it.
If you have video of the green spray painting adventure that turned the east end zone from Orangemen to Orange, you will have won the internet.

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
A blue tarp is now covering the sand pile. I gather that rain may be heading toward The Dome.

Finwad32

All American
I'll never forget playing at Coyne in Pop Warner or at the Dome in high school. Didn't have turf shoes so everyone wore their sneakers. Can only imagine what it felt like to have Tim Green drive you into that turf.
Oh my god, the turf burn from the Dome, Coyne and RFA was brutal... I couldn’t imagine being a DI player playing 7 games a year on it.

my first two years at St. John Fisher we still had the old turf too and practiced on it daily... just brutal.

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
Also striking is how huge the PTFE portion of the roof is compared to the center section of the old roof
Uh, it needs to be bigger to compensate for the opacity of the hard shell. It won’t feel brighter.

SU68

Starter
Nice picture. There are 4 panels that are open there, which I think brings the number still open to 7. The new PTFE is about 5% more transparent than the old PTFE. Not enough to see the blue sky on a nice day, but that part of the roof should be a little brighter on a sunny day. The hard shell part will of course be a lot darker.
I'm sure this has been discussed and I just don't remember, but was consideration given to a complete hard roof and, if so, why did SU opt for this hybrid? :confused:

CLTOrange

Walk On
Was just watching the live feed while I should have been paying attention to my conference call. Saw a forklift coming out of the door to put what looked like several large tube like what carpet cones on in the dumpster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom