the crane the crane

OttoMets

Living Legend

That's the facility, but unfortunately that's no longer the design. (I think the original bid process got caught up in the corruption scandal and the state went back to the drawing board.) The new building will be smaller and much uglier (IMO) - gray paneling with blocky windows, in the parlance of our times.

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
That's the facility, but unfortunately that's no longer the design. (I think the original bid process got caught up in the corruption scandal and the state went back to the drawing board.) The new building will be smaller and much uglier (IMO) - gray paneling with blocky windows, in the parlance of our times.
Is this the new design?

I agree with you. The first design was okay. This is very uninspired, even by Syracuse standards.

It looks like one of those hideous cover-ups the butchers did to the department stores downtown to make them look 'modern'.

100 years can't go by fast enough, so it can be knocked down and replaced by something attractive.

OttoMets

Living Legend
Is this the new design?

I agree with you. The first design was okay. This is very uninspired, even by Syracuse standards.

It looks like one of those hideous cover-ups the butchers did to the department stores downtown to make them look 'modern'.

100 years can't go by fast enough, so it can be knocked down and replaced by something attractive.

Yep. Pretty bad, I agree with you. And I hate the skybridges. Failed 1970s design.

shandeezy7

Hall of Fame

Yeah I thought I remembered seeing something more bland. Similar to the cancer center they built across the street. Typical uninspired gray garbage.

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Yep. Pretty bad, I agree with you. And I hate the skybridges. Failed 1970s design.
Minneapolis is pretty cool. They have a series of interconnected skywalks that go through buildings and allow you to go virtually anyplace downtown without going outside. Which in Minneapolis, in the winter, is a good thing. :)

OttoMets

Living Legend
Minneapolis is pretty cool. They have a series of interconnected skywalks that go through buildings and allow you to go virtually anyplace downtown without going outside. Which in Minneapolis, in the winter, is a good thing. :)

It's nice in Minneapolis given the weather, but even there plays havoc with the street life. Lot of dead sidewalks. And it's done no favors to the commercial real estate either.

longtimefan

All American
Also Houston, to stay out of the oppressive heat/humidity.