the crane the crane | Page 294 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Time to ask a question that has likely been asked 1,000,000 times before ...

Is that top middle staying "see through" or is this big "eye in the sky" going to close and be hardshell
Not hardshell but PTFE.

Right so what i'm understanding is that "opening" will be transparent?
Not really. Apparently about the same as the old roof was.

I can see a set of speakers in that pic too.

The wonky part has to be intentional as I seem to see it on all sides.

Is it just me, or are they clearly building new coaches boxes? I don't them in that pic, at least not the way I'm used to.

Not really. Apparently about the same as the old roof was.

I can see a set of speakers in that pic too.

The wonky part has to be intentional as I seem to see it on all sides.

Is it just me, or are they clearly building new coaches boxes? I don't them in that pic, at least not the way I'm used to.
I noticed that too about the coaches box. You can also see the tracks hanging for the Led lighting I'm assuming.

I swear there's a dip in the framework just below the bottom right of your blue square.
I think there's a couple of similar spots. Maybe a final adjustment to the cables is yet to come? It's an amazing structure but I'd like it better if they adjust it a twitch to make the arc more consistent.

I noticed that too about the coaches box. You can also see the tracks hanging for the Led lighting I'm assuming.
Are they eating into seats to expand the coaches boxes? Or building them up? Can’t really tell. Thought there was discussion about a Dedicated elevator up to them too but doesn’t seem feasible.

I think there's a couple of similar spots. Maybe a final adjustment to the cables is yet to come? It's an amazing structure but I'd like it better if they adjust it a twitch to make the arc more consistent.
My thought is that it's part of the design. This project has been too carefully engineered for unintentional "dips". Drainage seems like a more likely explanation ... maybe the dips correspond with downspouts that are part of the existing water-capture system.

The dome is deffinetly going to be darker (less natural light). The PTFE is about as translucent as the old roof, but the old roof was the whole dome, this is only about 50% of the roof covering. The new LED lights will be very bright and may make the dome look as bright, if not brighter. But there will deffinetly be less natural light.

I know I’m beating a dead horse about the noise. But if they are indeed added insulation under the non-PTFE I just can’t imagine how the dome will be even close to as loud. Insulation kills noise. I was hoping that would be metal underneath the non-ptfe section to reverberate the sound. I personally don’t care about the acoustics in the dome for concerts and such, I care about a home field advantage and I’m worried we are losing that.

My thought is that it's part of the design. This project has been too carefully engineered for unintentional "dips". Drainage seems like a more likely explanation ... maybe the dips correspond with downspouts that are part of the existing water-capture system.
I agree. All of the hard deck sections are the same. There is no engineering defect. I don’t have a good picture of one of the sections before they started putting the layers on, but if you look at one, you will see that the rows of sections are not connected directly to each other. They are supported by cables in a similar way but they are independent of each other. That accounts for the noticeable small dips in the lines from section to section. Will try and find and post a pic from work tomorrow.

Regarding the coaching boxes, they still look exactly the same to me. Yes, they have some scaffolding up and it looks like they are building something in front of the them. But it appears to already be attached to the roof. I think it is some kind of a platform to hold banners, uniforms, something like that, directly from the roof. I can’t see them making the coaching boxes 8 rows deep.

Is that the axis that the scoreboard will be on, perpendicular to the sidelines? :confused:
Great picture. On my iPad I can enlarge and zoom in the picture and pan all the way from one side to another. There looks to be large staging in place on both sides in the upper deck.

Screenshot (135).png

From the pic looks like someone is on a zipline...View attachment 187199
Might be another guy sitting on the 2 heavy strands(left), and another guy hanging near the end of the LED strip...

Its dark in there. The supports for the hard section seem willy nilly...

The dome is deffinetly going to be darker (less natural light). The PTFE is about as translucent as the old roof, but the old roof was the whole dome, this is only about 50% of the roof covering. The new LED lights will be very bright and may make the dome look as bright, if not brighter. But there will deffinetly be less natural light.

I know I’m beating a dead horse about the noise. But if they are indeed added insulation under the non-PTFE I just can’t imagine how the dome will be even close to as loud. Insulation kills noise. I was hoping that would be metal underneath the non-ptfe section to reverberate the sound. I personally don’t care about the acoustics in the dome for concerts and such, I care about a home field advantage and I’m worried we are losing that.
I hope the Dome is just as loud, but I really hope they fix the acoustics. That way you can hear the announcers, and maybe attract the really big concerts that seem to go to Albany and Buffalo, but skip Syracuse and Rochester.

Are there any official updates from the construction company? They were suooosed to be ready for September 19th originally so you would think they would be out of the building handing over the keys a week early
So say the 12th which is 9 days 10 days away . Again I know they have the extra week but to me it’s cutting it way to close

Are there any official updates from the construction company? They were suooosed to be ready for September 19th originally so you would think they would be out of the building handing over the keys a week early
So say the 12th which is 9 days 10 days away . Again I know they have the extra week but to me it’s cutting it way to close
A few weeks ago, reports were that they would meet the original deadline--Sept. 18.

Are they eating into seats to expand the coaches boxes? Or building them up? Can’t really tell. Thought there was discussion about a Dedicated elevator up to them too but doesn’t seem feasible.
I think that's just scaffolding. Tomcat mentioned in a post about the connection between the roof and the concrete and I think the scaffolding is so they can build that. Don't see anything with the coaching boxes, but could be wrong.

A few weeks ago, reports were that they would meet the original deadline--Sept. 18.
Thank u , wow that’s ridiculous I’m sure there are many things that need to be done outside of the construction company’s scope of work when they finish prior to it being game ready
Imagine having to cancel a home opener ?
I personally would have not given them such a tight deadline it should have been August 1st not September 18th . There’s always a way to go faster. more men , better staging , overtime etc . I hope my little rant is moot and we are ready . I’m sure the team would like to have a walk through prior to playing

Thank u , wow that’s ridiculous I’m sure there are many things that need to be done outside of the construction company’s scope of work when they finish prior to it being game ready
Imagine having to cancel a home opener ?
I personally would have not given them such a tight deadline it should have been August 1st not September 18th . There’s always a way to go faster. more men , better staging , overtime etc . I hope my little rant is moot and we are ready . I’m sure the team would like to have a walk through prior to playing
I think there was some early on confusion about about availability of dome for construction during academic year, particularly the spring semester. I think they got behind early and having been racing to catch up