the crane the crane | Page 296 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

PTFE is being installed on the north east corner. It looks gray.
Not sure this is true. There is at least one panel that looks grey now. But I believe it is part of the hard shell.

Not sure if it is installed there or they just laid out some fabric for installation tomorrow. We should find out for sure in the next 24 hours.

They completed 3 rows in the SW corner today, working until it was close to dark. 9 panels. Huge accomplishment,

Not sure this is true. There is at least one panel that looks grey now. But I believe it is part of the hard shell.

Not sure if it is installed there or they just laid out some fabric for installation tomorrow. We should find out for sure in the next 24 hours.

They completed 3 rows in the SW corner today, working until it was close to dark. 9 panels. Huge accomplishment,
Looking from the red hawk camera, the diamond point on the northeast side looks like it’s been filled in with gray material. Its above the hard shell.

I don't doubt they aren't wrong either but I now think there is a dip and it is intentional. Probably to help drain runoff from the PFTE segment. Why do I say this? In the attached image, note the angles of the crossbeams where the 2nd row of arches connect to the dome. The angle is harder to detect on the middle corner (and corresponding corner that is not in the image) or possibly not present on those 2 corners. That is the only place they do not run parallel and it is consistent in every corner. My guess is that there are 2 more like this on the 4th corner of the roof we cannot see.

Or, as stated earlier, the panoramic image is making the view wonky...
Or, I need to get my eyes checked...
View attachment 187254

https://syracusefan.com/attachments/3e13df37-03be-45de-8eb0-1175df72d1d3-jpeg.187210/
We are at the point where you look around and find some additional pieces left on the ground and you have no idea where they're supposed to go.

Is that something that could be done at night? Would certainly accelerate the timeline...
Once they get a few light working and roofs water tight I suspect it’ll be game on for the inside work

PTFE is being installed on the north east corner. It looks gray.
24Kr.gif

1. who cares?
2. I can tell you that TPO is SO FREAKING WHITE that anything else would look off-white/bone/grey in comparison. For all we know as far as that material goes, it may be their white. Just doesnt match.
3. Like Tom has said, it will probably fade to even out with the hard surface.

Morning update:

it is light enough now, that I can finally see what hoopsupstate is talking about. I agree, it looks like they have a panel of PTFE up. I would say it is more of a tan than a grey color. I have attached a blown up screen capture. Yes the red hawk camera is the best to see it.

Meanwhile on the southwest corner, they are killing it this morning. My guess is the whole SW section of the hard shell will be done by noon.

That leaves the SE corner, which is largely undone. My guess is that it could be completed by Sunday night, assuming, they work all weekend.

The focus is about to shift to the PTFE section now. Looks like those wooden boxes did hold the PTFE. Based on where they are located, the NE corner is getting done first. Though there might also be PTFE boxes on the NW section...

9BF49D35-BFC4-4607-A62A-30F15C1F2293.jpeg

Will be interesting to see how quickly the PTFE can get put up...
I assume there is only one layer involved. There are 64 panels. I am assuming there is a pre cut piece of PTFE for each panel in those boxes. I assume they are securing them to the wires that form the panels. Not sure how they are securing them.

It is going to be a beautiful day today, sunny with temperature in the low 70s. But winds will be high. 10-14 MPH. The crew doing this is going to have a tough time dealing with that up that high, where the winds are always considerably stronger.

Good thing they have safety nets in place.

As an aside, they have moved crane 5c. It appears to have been moved to almost the lobby of the ESF building across the street from the Dome on Forestry Drive. Guessing that was done because it is the one place on that hill that is relatively level. Quite a sight.

well in a few weeks when the close camera is gone most people wont be any closer than 81 to see it so it wont be an issue not matter what shade of white it is.