the crowd! | Syracusefan.com

the crowd!

only the lower level was filled but it was a sea of orange, prob about 80/20, maybe more tbh
80/20?

It was 100% Orange, less the three rows of Wake fans behind their bench.

Oh. And the two knucklehead NC State fans behind me, who were openly wondering when Cuse would come out of the zone.

I turned and said, “we’ll come out of the zone when Boeheim retires.”

80/20?

Oh. And the two knucklehead NC State fans behind me, who were openly wondering when Cuse would come out of the zone.

(question to all)
Although UNC has far more fans in NY and elsewhere than Wake does, I'd imagine we'd pick up almost all of the neutral fans tomorrow. Any guesses on what the split might be?

It was a phenomenal crowd. Easily 90/10 Orange. Ran into John Wallace at halftime and he was also kind enough to sign the Syracuse jersey I was wearing. He always shows up to our big games. (Also was at the 16’ F4).

I told him that the board thinks his jersey should be retired next, he got a kick out of that.

I bet its close to 50-50. Carolina has a national brand and many non-alum fans.
True, but I wonder how many Carolina fans will have delayed/canceled flights. With the 9:30 PM start, many may have booked afternoon flights that might be canceled. Or at least I hope so! SUball

I thought the crowd was ok. It got really loud when Dolezaj took over the second half and during the series of alley oops to clinch the game.

We really need more chants other than Let's go Orange. I'm in favor of one side saying "Go!" and the other saying "Orange!" during the game and a dead ball.

It was overwhelmingly in favor of SU though. Saying that 10% of the crowd were Wake supporters is being generous. I'd put it at 5% or less.

80/20?

That story has "Dance, round man, dance!" potential.

Great, now the NCAA Committee will treat this as a home game.

15zox6o.jpg

I bet its close to 50-50. Carolina has a national brand and many non-alum fans.
Nah, the Wine and Cheese crowd won't fight the elements to watch their team play a Syracuse team that they're expected to easily beat. They'll show up for the potential game against Miami.

i was at the game tonight, the crowd was absolutely electric, i hope that you all watching from home were able to hear us through your TV!!! BTW ill be there again tom night, tickets are only 10 bucks!
Sounded great. Great job.

The last time we played UNC in NYC was in one of those preseason tournaments around 10 years ago. TexanMark, lincolncuse, maybe GoSU96 and I went together. It was a doubleheader. Almost no fans for the first game but I was shocked that UNC had almost as many fans as we did in the Garden.

Here are my top 5 college basketball draws for NYC:

Syracuse
UNC
Duke
UConn
Notre Dame

I am guessing a lot of the UNC fans might not bother to show up for the game tonight, saving their money for the weekend. Hope that doesn't work out for them.

The last time we played UNC in NYC was in one of those preseason tournaments around 10 years ago. TexanMark, lincolncuse, maybe GoSU96 and I went together. It was a doubleheader. Almost no fans for the first game but I was shocked that UNC had almost as many fans as we did in the Garden.

Syracuse
UNC
Duke
UConn
Notre Dame

I am guessing a lot of the UNC fans might not bother to show up for the game tonight, saving their money for the weekend. Hope that doesn't work out for them.
Tom, you missed a team -
upload_2018-3-7_10-1-42.png

Syracuse
UNC
Duke
UConn
Notre Dame

Replace Notre Dame with Michigan.
Michigan fanbase is larger than ND.
ND has football band wagoners in Northeast but Michigan has alums in NYC.

Michigan saved the Big Ten attendance at MSG.

Blasphemy!
Shut your lying stinkin’ mouth!!
It’s LGO today. LGO tomorrow. And LGO forever!! :mad:

I tend to agree with Bombay. It’s hard to expect that level of Cuse crowd coordination outside of the Dome.

It was a fun game. Still surprised the ACC makes any of their games general admission - seems pretty mid-major like - but I'm not going to complain. Tonight should be interesting with UNC, their fans, weather, etc. Who knows when this tournament comes back to the northeast so have to enjoy it when we can.

Syracuse
UNC
Duke
UConn
Notre Dame

Yup. I was at that game. UNC fans behind me were mad when I stood up and cheered. I turned around and said, "This is a basketball game, not the opera."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom