the crowd! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

the crowd!

I was there -- a sea of orange indeed. Wanted to go tonight, but mother nature has other ideas.

I’d say the crowd last night was at least 90% Cuse fans. There were a handful of other fan bases there as well. Had a Carolina fan sitting behind me who likes Syracuse too and was quite nice the whole game. Another guy next to me wasn’t a fan of any ACC team but enjoys basketball and couldn’t pass up a $6 ticket. I saw two Pitt fans at Dinosaur BBQ before the game and almost felt bad enough to buy them some drinks. I came to my senses and didn’t though.

weather is pretty crappy outside but as long as the subways are open ill be there! I don't think itll be 50/50 i think itll be more of a cuse crowd TBH, cant see these UNC fans trekking out in this weather!

NYC getting a big snowstorm today dumping 12" of snow. Hard to tell how that will affect the crowd other than it will be smaller no doubt. I would have expected to have a decent edge in crowd support. Hopefully SU fans are tougher and turn up better. Also there will be ND and Va Tech fans attending the first game of the night cap and probably some from the other schools as well. Hoping any in attendance will root for underdog SU against UNC.

Replace Notre Dame with Michigan.
Michigan fanbase is larger than ND.
ND has football band wagoners in Northeast but Michigan has alums in NYC.

Michigan saved the Big Ten attendance at MSG.
That could be. I wasn't there and didn't watch that tournament. Can't stomach that brand of basketball.

ND never had a great presence at MSG for the BET but it was pretty good. Good enough to pass St John's as third in the BE behind SU and UConn. UConn has a lot of bandwagon type fans. Given what is happening there, I will be very interested to see how many come out for the SU-UConn game at MSG in November.

Sounded great. Great job.

The last time we played UNC in NYC was in one of those preseason tournaments around 10 years ago. TexanMark, lincolncuse, maybe GoSU96 and I went together. It was a doubleheader. Almost no fans for the first game but I was shocked that UNC had almost as many fans as we did in the Garden.

Here are my top 5 college basketball draws for NYC:

Syracuse
UNC
Duke
UConn
Notre Dame

I am guessing a lot of the UNC fans might not bother to show up for the game tonight, saving their money for the weekend. Hope that doesn't work out for them.

Agree UNC had a ton of fans that night. Great game. Then TexanMark left me at a gas station in Jersey. :rolling:

Dump question...Cuse will be on the right side of the court right as the "Visiting" team?

When conference expansion was really crazy a few years ago, I kept a log for “spot the college fan gear in nyc.” Michigan won by a lot.

Yeah my buddy who was there for Maryland/Wisconsin said tons of UM fans were already there setting up shop waiting for the game VS Northwestern later in the day (Tues).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom