The cupboard isn't empty. | Syracusefan.com

The cupboard isn't empty.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Freshman- McCullough, Joseph, okoboh

Sophomores- Johnson, buss, Roberson

Juniors- grant(optimism), Cooney, Gbinije, Coleman

Senior-Christmas

I've seen people say we are going to stink next year, I just don't see it. There is a lot of room for improvement across the roster. Cooney, Gbinije, and Christmas will be better and counted on to lead the team. Roberson and Johnson are super talented. One, or both could break out. People act like this is the first time we will have to replace our pg after one year. It's the same thing as always. Next man up. I'm over Ennis leaving, and excited for the future with this young, but talented team.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone thinks we're going to stink.

But the bar has been set pretty high.

We're probably looking at something in the order of 22-10 next year. Close to the bubble.

I think we had a freshmen point this year, it turned out alright ( kaleb,can play "pearl style") atleast that what it looks like on you tube. The rest of it will fall into place, it might take a little bit. Who knows maybe they will hit there hot streak at the end of the year instead of the beginning . Will be fine

We will go in to the season with a lot of questions.

We are losing a lot in Ennis and Fair. Even Keita. Maybe Grant goes too.

Can a recruiting class of Joseph and McCullough help replace all that?

We were better the last two years and lost first waiters, Joseph, fab, and scoop followed by triche, mcw, and southerland. It's the same stuff every year, and it's not like we are the only program going through it. Someone always steps up.

Maybe not, but we also have a whole recruiting class coming back that sat on the bench.

Ennis is the only real loss so far as we dont know what we have in Kaleb, although I think KJ is gonna ball.
Fair was a great 4 year player, no doubt about it. That being said, he's not a loss we can't overcome or even get better with.
A healthy DC2 is a monster upgrade at the backup C. Lets hope thats the case.
Grant could be an absolute beast next year, he will hurt if he goes, although Roberson/McCullough is a ton of talent albeit inexperienced.

You won't find a better Point Guard in the NCAA than Ennis, I didn't feel bad when Donte Left, I felt a little Bad when MCW left but this makes me sad, This Kid was the Best Freshman Point Guard I'd ever seen and Ive only watched College Games since 1962. I loved this Kid a throwback player,just does his Job.....

Maybe not, but we also have a whole recruiting class coming back that sat on the bench.

Ennis is the only real loss so far as we dont know what we have in Kaleb, although I think KJ is gonna ball.
Fair was a great 4 year player, no doubt about it. That being said, he's not a loss we can't overcome or even get better with.
A healthy DC2 is a monster upgrade at the backup C. Lets hope thats the case.
Grant could be an absolute beast next year, he will hurt if he goes, although Roberson/McCullough is a ton of talent albeit inexperienced.

Like I said, we'll go in with a lot of questions.

We don't know what we have in KJ2. Will DC2 be healthy and ready to contribute after only playing 13 games this season? Will Grant stay? If Grant goes will the inexperienced duo of Roberson/McCullough make up for Grant? Will the recruiting class that stayed on the bench this season make a leap?

Looking forward to finding out the answers!

I don't think anyone thinks we're going to stink.

But the bar has been set pretty high.

We're probably looking at something in the order of 22-10 next year. Close to the bubble.

There's way to much talent on this roster to be a bubble team, especially if Grant comes back. Heck, freaking Stanford is in the sweet 16 and they don't even have a point guard. The zone will keep us in games, and our offense can't be much worse than this year. Even if we are "only" in the top twenty next year who cares there is lots of potential for growth with this team. With cj being the main guy this year we knew what we were getting.

This years team had a ton of limitations and quite frankly there was a lot of luck in that 25-0 start. Not like we blew out (any) teams. Losing Fair and Ennis hurts but it's the same story every year and we've been fine. How many other teams have top 50 talent riding the pine waiting their turn?

Forwards will have better range than this year and better handle. We will actually push the ball again and play to our strengths. We should have multiple 3 point threats. Our passing/assists can only improve.

Maybe we won't have a hot start and be ranked top 5 but I like our chances to actually improve and peek at the right time..

You won't find a better Point Guard in the NCAA than Ennis, I didn't feel bad when Donte Left, I felt a little Bad when MCW left but this makes me sad, This Kid was the Best Freshman Point Guard I'd ever seen and Ive only watched College Games since 1962. I loved this Kid a throwback player,just does his Job...

agree, loved the kid. but the 3-6 record to finish the year, getting bounced in the 2nd round, and missing the last 2 shots against dayton is gonna leave me with a bad taste in my mouf.

CorduroyG said:
agree, loved the kid. but the 3-6 record to finish the year, getting bounced in the 2nd round, and missing the last 2 shots against dayton is gonna leave me with a bad taste in my mouf.

It's how you finish, not how you start.

You won't find a better Point Guard in the NCAA than Ennis, I didn't feel bad when Donte Left, I felt a little Bad when MCW left but this makes me sad, This Kid was the Best Freshman Point Guard I'd ever seen and Ive only watched College Games since 1962. I loved this Kid a throwback player,just does his Job...
Great player, but Derrick Rose wasn't that long ago. Kenny Anderson too since you've been watching so long.

So go get a top JUCO PG. Pitino did it and Jones has been great for them. If we're such a "selector" school the top JUCO's should be begging to come in and join the PG lottery parade.

How many people thought we'd be in deep ish when we lost MCW/Southerland/Triche? ALl we had coming back was a 4th scoring option in Fair, a seldom used role player in Grant (we saw the potential), BMK/Rak and Cooney.

We only started 25-0.

The problem is we lost the least dispensable player possible, having a good pg in college basketball is everything. I am not doubting how good Joseph can be, but if he is going to be ready to come in and put up ennis like numbers, how come he is only rated 49th?

Briancuse said:
The problem is we lost the least dispensable player possible, having a good pg in college basketball is everything. I am not doubting how good Joseph can be, but if he is going to be ready to come in and put up ennis like numbers, how come he is only rated 49th?

He's underrated and McCullough is a bit overrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom