The current state of officiating... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The current state of officiating...

Yeah, spot-on. I've also never understood the whole, let them play in the first half, then call everything in the second philosophy (or vice versa). It's just confusing. Just call the game straight up - everyone can deal with missed calls, but having an entirely different set of rules for each half is just bizarre. It still amazes me at times the titanic shift that occurs from half-to-half in a few games each year.

You are aware that every coach worthy of the job makes adjustments at half time, which is why many high level refs will tell you the most important part of the game is the first 5 minutes of the second half. Yes, we talk about stuff like that at half time, and at post-game, and at referees clinics, ... :)

You are aware that every coach worthy of the job makes adjustments at half time, which is why many high level refs will tell you the most important part of the game is the first 5 minutes of the second half. Yes, we talk about stuff like that at half time, and at post-game, and at referees clinics, ... :)

Coaches make adjustments as strategy...officials shouldn't have a strategy.

Eh, I just don't get it. I think it was the game before BC where they called no contact inside in the first half, then to open the second half called everything inside. Why not just call the fouls as they occur in both halves. Make life simpler on everyone!! :)

I suppose the lone exception that makes sense is after a fight when they tighten it up for a bit. Although that isn't always all that fair either the way it plays out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom