The dissapearing Ishaq Williams | Syracusefan.com

The dissapearing Ishaq Williams

44PRIDE

All Conference
The once coveted 5star recruit is now buried on the ND depth chart...seemingly haven been passed over by bigger/faster/better players. I hope that Ishaq's father is happy with the exposure that his "brand" is getting in South Bend.

Here is an article from July stating that it's "Now or Never" for Ishaq in 2013. Based on his lack of playing time this season, the answer was never.

espn had him on the bottom line runner about draft players- # 18 olb i think

44PRIDE said:
The once coveted 5star recruit is now buried on the ND depth chart...seemingly haven been passed over by bigger/faster/better players. I hope that Ishaq's father is happy with the exposure that his "brand" is getting in South Bend. Here is an article from July stating that it's "Now or Never" for Ishaq in 2013. Based on his lack of playing time this season, the answer was never.
He might not have panned out here either. Sometimes "can't miss" kids miss.

I have heard Gause from RU called out in this game more than Williams.

He suffered a pretty bad leg injury on what i believe was a chop block vs. Air Force.
Think he had a sack today along with Jarron Jones.

Who cares anymore. Jay Bromley had ten sacks year. He was the first SU player since Freeney to do that. Where is Bromley's thread? Thanks Jay for being a great player. Don't care about this Williams cat or his brand.

I agree! This kid couldn't start jay Bromley up!

He suffered a pretty bad leg injury on what i believe was a chop block vs. Air Force.
Think he had a sack today along with Jarron Jones.

Jarron Jones will start next year at NT

Ishaq is a bust

The kid made a bad football choice, but he probably had fun (ND played in a NC last year), he probably got a good education (ND is a good school), and he got to play some games close to home (i.e. the Pinstripe Bowl). Beyond that, his dad went to SU, he gave us some great (positive) publicity during the recruitment process, and he doesn't seem to be a trouble-maker, so I see no reason to root against him. We all need to grow up, wish the kid the best of luck, and move on.

Anyway, the fact that we have 3 bowl wins in 4 years and a great team returning should be where our focus is, not a recruiting miss from 2-3 years ago. In fact, given our youthful talent, we can reasonably expect to have as many as 5 bowl appearances in 6 years two years from now, and the last 4 of them in a row. THAT'S a story!

Last edited: