the dome aint dead yet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

the dome aint dead yet

Never heard of him either. I was about to look for his Scout Profile.
I'm always shocked when people outside of 'the south' listen to that stuff.

Go back to the lab and find the formula for keeping up with pop culture. Luke Bryan is a household name for the majority of people who listen to the radio or watch TV.

Well, I guess that explains it then, since I don't watch TV (other than Cuse basketball and Patriots football). We cut the cord several months ago - no cable in my house.

I'd heard the name before, but that's really it. In terms of country music, I couldn't tell you who is popular and who isn't. I'm still surprised that Hootie is still singing country. That's why I'm thankful for Sirius where I can stay in my bubble and pretend that Pink Floyd and old Genesis are still relevant to the mainstream.

I didn't know who it was either. Ironically, I'm not a Country fan , yet I love Classic Southern Rock i.e. Outlaws, Marshall Tucker Band etc.

I hope my pop culture knowledge never plummets to the depths of some on this board. I get not knowing every musical act out there, but this guy is literally a country music megastar. His name is everywhere, regardless of whether or not you listen to the genre.

It makes me think of a few months ago when I told a co-worker (who is the same age as me - 31) that I was going to see Kevin Hart, and she replied with "who is that?" Really? Like I get how you might not be a fan, but he was literally in 5 movies that were out or coming out. You couldn't watch a commercial break on television or go to a website without seeing his face. How is it actually possible to not know who that is?

Go back to the lab and find the formula for keeping up with pop culture. Luke Bryan is a household name for the majority of people who listen to the radio or watch TV.
Sorry, 44. I had to look him up too. But I'm more of a PBS/Smithsonian guy than dancing with the stars. So I got nuthin.

I hope my pop culture knowledge never plummets to the depths of some on this board. I get not knowing every musical act out there, but this guy is literally a country music megastar. His name is everywhere, regardless of whether or not you listen to the genre.

It makes me think of a few months ago when I told a co-worker (who is the same age as me - 31) that I was going to see Kevin Hart, and she replied with "who is that?" Really? Like I get how you might not be a fan, but he was literally in 5 movies that were out or coming out. You couldn't watch a commercial break on television or go to a website without seeing his face. How is it actually possible to not know who that is?
Um, it's possible. If you don't follow CM, and don't watch lots of pop television ... this guy doesn't ring a bell. Or, I might just be out of it. I'll take the 5th.

Chill. I hate country and western music - with a passion. Yet I've heard of Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, etc. Never heard of this guy before this thread.
He's on par with all three of those guys in terms of being a big name. The Dome will sell out in an instant for this concert. Luke Bryan and Kenny Chesney are the two country artists I can think of who can and do have the ability to sell out football stadiums in 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom