The Dome for Saturday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Dome for Saturday?

I watched at the Dome in 2003 - there were only 10K people in there tops.
or roughly what georgetown gets for non-Syracuse games.

:rolling:

Lol...You bumped the wrong thread. I was talking about Jekelish thread about giving props to the mods and admins. The one with all the pics...lol.
:)
Dang, you're right!
That one is still locked.
I'm on point today, hah? :rolleyes:

If they don't have a viewing event at the Dome on Monday if we make it, Gross should be fired immediately. And I'm only half kidding. They did it for 1996 and 2003. And they have new security measures in effect after the midnight madness problems so that's not an excuse. Charge $5 to get in to pay for the setup and let's have some fun!

If they don't have a viewing event at the Dome on Monday if we make it, Gross should be fired immediately. And I'm only half kidding. They did it for 1996 and 2003. And they have new security measures in effect after the midnight madness problems so that's not an excuse. Charge $5 to get in to pay for the setup and let's have some fun!

I believe the 1996 viewing was in Manley because the Dome was being used. Now they've lost that option too.

I believe the 1996 viewing was in Manley because the Dome was being used. Now they've lost that option too.
No it was in the Dome. I was there. They put bleachers up behind the curtain and about 5,000 fans or so had a great time.

As far as I know there are no plans to hold an event on Monday should we win, again the liability factor and the issues at this past Midnight madness have made this pretty much a non starter barring a change of heart if SU wins Saturday.

No it was in the Dome. I was there. They put bleachers up behind the curtain and about 5,000 fans or so had a great time.

No kidding. Maybe I'm thinking of 1987?

Either way, it's too bad that we don't have an alternate venue for situations when the Dome is booke.

That one got locked?! My god...

Poor, poor Fredo. Always the sidekick, never the leader.
FredoDeMo.jpg

Either way, it's too bad that we don't have an alternate venue for situations when the Dome is booke.
The IPF (or Manley) would work just fine. Have everyone bring a blanket or folding chair.

From an SUAD e-mail this morning: "If we’re victorious, we will be sharing with you details about watching the championship game in the Dome on Monday night."

** Not to jinx it or anything...

From an SUAD e-mail this morning: "If we’re victorious, we will be sharing with you details about watching the championship game in the Dome on Monday night."

** Not to jinx it or anything...

Hope there not blowing smoke and have actually had a change of heart.

Hope there not blowing smoke and have actually had a change of heart.

I can't for the life of me remember how they've publicized the last three Final Four events. Did they have Saturday viewings and just let everyone assume that we'd be back on Monday? Or did they announce the Monday viewing, too? (I'm too superstitious to think that's a good idea.)

I can't for the life of me remember how they've publicized the last three Final Four events. Did they have Saturday viewings and just let everyone assume that we'd be back on Monday? Or did they announce the Monday viewing, too? (I'm too superstitious to think that's a good idea.)

I think it was your initial thought, they held something for Saturday and after the win it was just assumed they would do something again for Monday and it kind of spread word of mouth, they never really publicized it.

I think it was your initial thought, they held something for Saturday and after the win it was just assumed they would do something again for Monday and it kind of spread word of mouth, they never really publicized it.

Gotcha. That sounds like the best way to do it; seems like Saturday night's event has changed things up for them.

Reply from the note I sent yesterday:

If we win on Saturday we will show the game on Monday night, parking will be 5:00 dollars and admission will be 5:00 dollars.

Peter E Sala
Senior Associate Director of Athletics
Managing Director of the Carrier Dome

Now the Orange just have to complete their part of the bargain. Let's Go Orange!!!

after the stabbings from midnight madness, I don't play the Dome for not hosting a FF/title game screening.
kirbivore - see my post above - they are going to host an event if we make it Monday.

the fact that they are charging something should keep the riff raff out of there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom