The Dome vs Cameron | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Dome vs Cameron

SU played down at NC St back in Feb 2001 a group of us flew down to Raleigh on a Thursday night. Drove to Cameron on Friday to check the place out was able to just walk right into the arena. Really neat. Saw a couple players running on treadmills and later on walked into an elevator just as Coach K was walking out. Back then there were very little restrictions on where you could wander. We went right out onto the court and took pictures.

SU game was at noon on Sat. Wanted to get the whole tobacco road experience so after the Cuse game another guy and I drove to Chapel Hill scalped a pair of seats together for Georgia Tech @ UNC which was at 4:00. There were plenty of tickets floating around we got in for around $45 each.

Next day we drove up to Durham for Florida St @ Duke Sun afternoon game. Tix were extremely scarce cost us $100 each and we just ended up getting singles on the opposite end of the arena from one another. Definitely an experience seeing a game in there though. Once thing that stood out was that the students were packed in down low and rowdy but the rest of the arena was actually very laid back not sure if it is always like that or just because it wasn't a huge game.
What a great weekend for a hoops fan. Wish I were with you!

Bees, I was told that when the schedule came out Duke asked for a bunch of tickets. SU asked Duke how many they were going to give us to Cameron. When Duke said 75 we said then that is all you are getting from us. I believe we only gave Duke 75 tickets even though 35k were going to be there.

Now THAT is funny.

If Duke complained about the ticket percentage difference I hope SU told them they should tear down the high school gym they play in and build a facility comparable to the dome.

How does Cameron compare to the old UVA arena? Ive been to a game there and it was similar capacity iirc.

Yes. University Hall's official capacity was 8,500, but Wiki says we had 11,000 for a game.

Bees, I was told that when the schedule came out Duke asked for a bunch of tickets. SU asked Duke how many they were going to give us to Cameron. When Duke said 75 we said then that is all you are getting from us. I believe we only gave Duke 75 tickets even though 35k were going to be there.

And that's the way it should be.

Yes. University Hall's official capacity was 8,500, but Wiki says we had 11,000 for a game.

So how did It compare noise wise to cameron? Been awhile since I've been to Charlottesville. Believe that hoops game was against Providence w/ Ryan Gomes.

So how did It compare noise wise to cameron? Been awhile since I've been to Charlottesville. Believe that hoops game was against Providence w/ Ryan Gomes.

I had seats on the floor under one of the baskets when Ralph was there. It could get pretty loud. We had more students at the games back then than Duke has now so the crowd was more lively. It wasn't "so loud you couldn't think straight", but it wasn't the library either. I imagine the round shape and higher ceiling affects the volume as well. Clemson's building is similar and so was Ga Tech's before the renovations. ND may have a similar layout.

10k people or whatever is plenty intimidating. it will be an extremely tough environment and maybe the least cuse fans our team has ever played in front of
It would take us playing there 4x before they would surpass the 35,446 that showed up on Saturday

Well, Joyce, of course you'll be there. I expect you to have a front row seat for the second coming of Jesus.

Seriously, I understand that Cameron is a small facility and that season ticket holders rule the day. But it's wrong that opposing teams only get 75 tickets. It sorta takes some of the fun out of having a team like Duke in your conference if you can't see your team play them on the road.

I'll always long for the Big East days when you could get a ticket to see SU play any conference foe on the road.
New rule for visiting teams: You will only be allocated the same number of tickets as you make available to teams visiting your arena.

It's nice to be king;)

Ha ha just read this after responding up above and pretty much said the same thing:)