The Downside- Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Buffalo

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We can’t stand prosperity. We had a chance to take control of this game but let the Bulls out-play us for most of the second half. They are the type of team I hate playing: a school we’d get little credit for beating who can beat us. They almost did.

- We had 15 turnovers in this game, 16 at Georgetown, 15 against UCONN, 17 vs. Kansas. This is what the good teams will do to us. It will be a season of close games and that is too many. You want your point guard to have a 2-1 assist-to-turnover ratio. Frank’s is 6.1-4.3.

- We technically won the battle of the boards, 37-35. But we rebounded 10 of our 29 misses (34.5%) and they rebounded 16 of their 43 misses (37.2%). It was the first time we’d lost that stat this season. We’d won 9 of our first 10 games by controling possession fo the ball. We didn’t have that advantage tonight. We were able to win anyway but we’ll need that advantage to be successful this year.

- Paschall Chukwu has played well this year and had 8 blocks in this game but this was our first view of him against a strong center with good inside moves. Nick Perkins scored 18 points and had 7 rebounds.

- Meanwhile Bourama Sidibie again didn’t play. JB in his presser, said his knee was too bad for him to play. I thought the knee was OK but the ankle was the problem. Did JB misspeak or is the knee going to be a chronic problem?

It was very distressing to watch them outrebound us. And unusual sight this season. I was sure they had out rebounded us 3 to one but as it turns out it was even. Just another example of how reality is subjective!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom