The Downside - Duke I | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Duke I

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I admit that when we were down 0-12 after losing to Georgia Tech, my confidence waivered a bit.

- Dino Babers asks his team to be “consistently good, not occasionally great”. I’d actually prefer to be consistently good AND occasionally great. This basketball team has ranged from bad to great.

- JB said after the game that the team played just as hard against Georgia Tech as they did against Duke: the shots just didn’t go in. Surely our strategy has to be more than hoping that the shots go in.

- Full disclosure: Cam Reddish didn’t play and Tre Jones went out early with an injury. With those guys, Duke likely wins this game anyway.

- What was it with the call, (at 12:49 of the second half), that discounted a Chukwu basket but put him on the line for two shots? If that had counted, we win in regulation. The ESPN play-by-play lists it as a Howard shot, an offensive round by PC, a foul on DeLaurier, a missed FT by Paschal, then a make. Duke had fouls to give at the end, so that should have been a one-and-one that ended with the miss if the play-by-play is correct. It looked to me like an alley-oop to Chukwu and a basket with the foul.

- Brissett still has enormous problems finishing. He finesses the ball too much. He’s a great dunker when he wants to be. Even with lay-ups you can get the ball to the rim and off the backboard. He shouldn’t just be flipping it up there.

- It’s sad to see a school that was once famous for the fast break blow one after another because players don’t want to give up the ball. They dribble to the basket and the defense catches up with them. Dish it, baby!

- Some games are more fun than others but in the conference standings, they all count the same. Pitt beat Florida State by 13 tonight. If we lose to them, the ball rolls back down the hill.

So PC was fouled on the goaltend? Must have been they disallowed the shot, but gave him the 2 free throws? Don't know, that was on in the restaurant with no sound.

You lost confidence a BIT??? I had none to start with, so went into the hole, and finally recovered it towards the end of the second half,

it doesn't show it in the box but the play was prob correct. can't argue with anyone who insists it was an offensive goaltend, but it also looks like the ball was coming out of the cylinder and chucky was going for a tip in, got fouled and gets 2 shots because a tip is an "act of shooting"

it doesn't show it in the box but the play was prob correct. can't argue with anyone who insists it was an offensive goaltend, but it also looks like the ball was coming out of the cylinder and chucky was going for a tip in, got fouled and gets 2 shots because a tip is an "act of shooting"

But the tip went in.

thats what she said

Man, not quite as bad as your legendary post about the etymology of BJ's name when you didnt know he was the one player who had a parent posting on here. ;) I'm still smiling remembering that. I'm glad to have someone who makes my posts look tame in comparison, lol.

Not passing on fast breaks drives me nuts too but there is always a part of me that thinks they would just throw it away anyway.

Not passing on fast breaks drives me nuts too but there is always a part of me that thinks they would just throw it away anyway.
Like the attempted alley oop to Brissett?

-
- It’s sad to see a school that was once famous for the fast break blow one after another because players don’t want to give up the ball. They dribble to the basket and the defense catches up with them. Dish it, baby!
l.
This caused me to shout at the TV several times last night.

- I admit that when we were down 0-12 after losing to Georgia Tech, my confidence waivered a bit.
and i'll admit the question "has any team ever been shut out ?" flashed thru my brain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom