The Downside - Liberty | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Liberty

SWC75

Bored Historian
- You want two things from a game: to win and to feel that your chances of winning in the future have increased. We got the first but I’m not sure about the second.

- I never imagined that our offense would struggle so much against t a defense that last year had these numbers: 36.9 points (117th in the country, of 130 FBS teams) 484.8 yards (123th) 221.8 rushing (117th) 262.9 passing (113rd) per game. We scored 24 points, ran for 192 yards, passed for 176 and gained 368 totally. It was so frustrating and concerning to see so many runs, especially in the first half, get stuffed and to see so many incomplete passes, (plus the two interceptions). We were keeping an underdog in the game in their own place, seemingly just waiting for something to go wrong. But it never did, thanks to our defense.

- It was very disturbing to see receivers pointing to where they through the ball would be thrown, only to have it thrown off-line or behind them. Buckshot Calvert had an excuse. He was sacked 8 times and nearly so at least that many more. He was on the run all the time. DeVito was sacked twice and typically well protected. He just couldn’t find his receivers. This needs to improve considerably if we are to have the great season we envision.

- Sean Riley seems to immediately turn around and start running in the wrong direction when he catches a punt, looking for an unexpected angle or opening to break it big. I’d prefer it if he would secure the ball, brace of impact and then see what the possibilities are after the gets past the first wave. Not only will he avoid disaster that way but he’ll set up the blocking angles so as to avoid penalties.

- 24-0 is good but it isn’t 79-0, the score our next opponent won by today.

The same three commercials being shown over and over again.

The creepy af Liberty students in clown makeup.

That god damn suit

Biggest Downside:

“Wow they suck again”

-The Casuals. Already wasting my breath defending. The town may have been hyped up this summer, but wow that Bandwagon has a flat tire.

Biggest Downside:

“Wow they suck again”

-The Casuals. Already wasting my breath defending. The town may have been hyped up this summer, but wow that Bandwagon has a flat tire.

I guess “Casuals” = morons.

We won.
On the road.
And easily covered the spread.

In another thread, somebody asked - would you rather win 24-0 or 48-24?

I get how some folks - and I almost fell for this too - would prefer the latter.
Hey, we lit it up on O!
Lots of excitement and scoring!

But - what we *actually did do* was far more impressive.

At least for the D and ST’s for sure.

The stadium announcer repeatedly butchering Iffy's name during the game. I counted at least 3 different iterations, and not a single one was close.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom